Wednesday, September 06, 2006

For some reason I got to thinking the other day about some of the situations Cheryl and I have encountered and I remembered the one where she got a speeding ticket which I thought was funny but she sure didn't.

I was pulling mobile homes for a living and had picked one up in Caldwell, then headed for Idaho Falls, ID. Along the way I became horribly sick and had to stop in the small town of American Falls, ID. I called Cheryl and she came and got me. Five days later when I was finally able to raise my head up we headed back to American Falls so I could bring the trailer on to Idaho Falls.

Just out of American Falls there is a radar tower that sets off the radar detector in the car or truck. We were traveling along, Cheryl following me in the car, when the radar detector started beeping. Since we both had CB's I told Cheryl not to worry about anything that I was sure it was not a state trooper. How wrong I was. We were both going about 10 miles over the speed limit when he passed us on the other side of the freeway. Immediately his lights came on and over to our side he came.

Cheryl grabbed the CB mike and called me to tell me a highway patrolman was coming up behind her with his lights on. Well now what was I supposed to do, stop and say hi? I don't think so. I wished her well and told her I would see her at home. When the patrolman asked her what the hurry was she told him she was just following me. His reply was that I was going too fast but she was the one getting the ticket. I laughed until my sides hurt when she told me all about it. To this day she has not forgiven me. No sense of humour in that woman.

Of course the sad part of the whole story is that I had to pay the fine no matter what although it did not show up on my driving record. Lost a little bit of my sense of humour then.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

..................... said...

That's a very funny story....:).LOL

Fried Lemon Pie said...

I'd be mad at you too!!!

Yes, I am behaving myself....kinda.
And to answer your question, "to pull a door to" means to almost close it, but to leave it open just a crack.