Thursday, September 28, 2006



I know I have posted this picture before and the reason I post it again is to show who I am talking about with the medical problems that have cropped up. Rylie, on the left, is the most serious and is being treated by the doctors at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. We should know by Friday just how serious a problem she has. It has the doctors in a buzz I do know that.

Amber, we found out, has similar problems but not as serious and since it was caught at an earlier stage she should be all right with theraputic treatment.

Both girls have some sort of neck development problems. Don't ask me to tell what cause I can't pronounce the word. Rylie did not get caught soon enough and is undergoing professional treatment while Amber is being taken care of at home.

Rylie also has another undeveloped spot on her head (not the normal soft spot) and that is where the real serious concern comes from. There is a possiblity of brain damage, although she shows no indication of it right now, and if the worst case senario was to develop it could lead to death. Needless to say her parents are quite distraught and asking themselves what did they do wrong. We keep telling them they did nothing wrong and it is just one of those things we don't expect, but they still have to come to terms with it all.

I was thinking about this blogging thing. I started writing so my kids would have something about their parents but they never read my blogs. I have gained some friends whom I probably will never meet but even they get bored after a while. I am beginning to wonder if anyone (other than Schaumi) reads these things and is it worth continuing. There are just days that there is nothing to write about. Oh, by the way, did I ever tell the story about some idiot jumping on my truck in LA when I was going about 60 mph? Probably did and don't remember it.

For someone with nothing to say I sure have a long blog.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

..................... said...

I feel very sad for your little granddaughters. All I can do is pray.
One of these days your children will read your blog and will appreciate all you have written.
I appreciate it.

Tigersue said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your granddaughters. What an awful thing for them to have to suffer through. Continue to tell your children this is not their fault. Chances are there is nothing that they could have done, and concidering that both girls have it, it sounds like a genetic problem. Those can come up all the time for many different things.
Print out the things you type on your blog and put them in a binder so your grandchildren will have things to read about their grandpa. So they can see how funny, smart and kind hearted he is.

Take care and I will be thinking of your family.

Bob said...

I'm new to your blog but I just saved it to my favourites so don't stop yet - please! I was wondering about this Beta thing too, this ordianry version only seems to work half the time.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Before I sleep tonight I will (and already have) pray for little Rylie and Amber...and for you Tim.
I ask for peace and mercy- and for healing and strength.

I'm sorry this is such a difficult time.
I'm glad I found your link again this evening...you are in my thoughts tonight.
-Cora :)

Kate Olson said...

EXCUSE ME!!! At least ONE of your children is reading your blogs. So you tell all the other little losers that if I can manage 10 kids, 2 ex's, a husband, and school and STILL read your blogs then they have NO excuses.
HMPH!