Monday, September 04, 2006

Have you ever seen the movie, "Invaders From Mars"? I watched that movie as a child and it scared the living dickens out of me. We would sleep outside on the lawn, look at the stars and just know the "Invaders From Mars" were coming to get us. People would get sucked down in the sand and later appear out of nowhere with marks on their necks and then they would do strange things.

As I got older I realized this was all fiction and the fear left me... until the other day. I have told you about the young woman I know that lives in Colorado and how she was abducted by space aliens. I have always suspected they did strange things to her by some of the things she would do. Now I have undisputable proof that they did something to her and she has just cause for her actions. This is a picture of a mark they put on her neck while she was in the mother ship. Now my fear has rekindled and I am afraid to go to sleep at night because I know she will send her space buddies to do bad things to me.



We just had a minnie family reunion. The occastion was Amber Nicole being blessed and named in our church. Our daughter Katherine, from California, surprised us all by showing up with her husband and children. We haven't seen them for several years and it was a great surprise. Those grandchildren have grown so much. We had a good time but I have reached that stage in life where I enjoy seeing the tail lights as they round the corner headed for their home. Sure makes you feel good when those grandchildren make a beeline for you and just hug you to pieces.

Here is a picture of all the women (biological) in my life. I have another granddaughter from another marriage but I consider her my granddaughter just as much as I do the biological ones.



Of course we still claim Amber (the space abductee) as one of our family but as you can tell from her picture we wonder why. (She would be disappointed if I said something nice)



She was trying to be a pirate and accidently poked herself in the eye with her sword.

Guess that is all for now. My brother in law is doing very well now and is out of intensive care and should be out of the hospital in a week or so. Still some healing to be done but at least he is acting more normal.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

..................... said...

1. i'm glad your brother in law is improving....whew...seemed like a close call.

2. and i really don't understand why you don't want a little flower mark on your neck. don't you wanna be kewl?

Kate Olson said...

Yeah, the best part of a trip is getting in your car and sinking into the seat, turning to your spouse and saying, "I can't believe we made it through a weekend without dad blowing up." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The kids are counting down the days that they get to come back and stay longer. Now THAT'S what I am looking forward to!! Love you DADDY!!

Holly said...

Sheesh... Those Darn Aliens put marks all over me!!!! I got 10 so far. I thought It was just Hereditary now your saying the Aliens make you act weird??? How come Mom and Dad don't have any marks? Hmmmm.....