Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I don't have to leave until later this afternoon so thought I would blog.

Yes, Tiger Sue, name extraction is a lot of fun and very rewarding. I find it interesting to do death certificates especially. The listed reasons for death can be quite shocking at times. I came across a family who had burned in a fire, several murders, a suicide or two, and various other reasons for passing on. It is very sobering to see how many children suffered from the plague, abuse or whatever. Right now I am doing the Pittsburg, PA census and marriage from Norfolk, England. Are you doing the new church program on the Internet? It is the greatest. I just got called to be the assistant stake director for name extraction.

Okay, I am in a griping mood today. Must be caused by my several trips and the
*&^%$#@!!! drivers out there on the road. When I drove truck it was a common thing that most of the time you could spot a Utah or New York driver without seeing their license plates. Mind you all states have these problems but these two states always stood out the most.

Can anyone out there tell me what the official designation of a left lane on a freeway is? Not guessing, but the legal definition.

How I wish there was an invention that could truly dim headlights when a car was within 500 feet of you whether from the front or from behind. I know they have tried but so far nothing very successful has happened. Where is this excellent German engineering when you need it?

Anyway about the left lane on a freeway. I have never seen two states so bad about driving in the left lane all the time. I mean these guys never leave it. It don't matter whether the speed limit is 45 or 95 that is where they drive, most of the time going slower than anyone else, and everyone can kiss their royal behinds. Last night I watched the license plates of those who were in the "wrong" lane and I swear 95% of them were from Utah. I feel somewhat uncomfortable about passing on the right side of someone because they might wake up and suddenly swing to the right and cause a fender bender. Aaaagggghhhh, Utahns!!!!! Of course there were a "few" Idahoans doing the same thing but they were from the Blackfoot reservation.

I have this saying from my earlier years, "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way."

Aleaha thank you for the last update on A.J. Sounds like things are getting back to normal and it will just take time for the old geezer to get back to his crotchity old ways.:)

Here is a story I thought you might enjoy.

Mother-in-law killed

A newlywed farmer and his wife were visited by her mother, who immediately demanded an inspection of the place. The farmer had genuinely tried to be friendly to his new mother-in-law, hoping that it could be a friendly, non-antagonistic relationship. All to no avail though, as she kept nagging them at every opportunity, demanding changes, offering unwanted advice, and generally making life unbearable to the farmer and his new bride.

While they were walking through the barn, during the forced inspection, the farmer's mule suddenly reared up and kicked the mother-in-law in the head, killing her instantly. It was a shock to all no matter their feelings toward her demanding ways.

At the funeral service a few days later, the farmer stood near the casket and greeted folks as they walked by. The pastor noticed that whenever a woman would whisper something to the farmer, he would nod his head yes and say something. Whenever a man walked by and whispered to the farmer, however, he would shake his head no, and mumble a reply.

Very curious as to this bizarre behavior, the pastor later asked the farmer what that was all about.

The farmer replied, "The women would say, 'What a terrible tragedy' and I would nod my head and say, 'Yes, it was.' The men would then ask, 'Can I borrow that mule?' and I would shake my head and say, 'Can't. It's all booked up for a year.'"

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

clairesgarden said...

Ramblin, I was just thinking my weather was bad but yours is worse! snow already?
thanks for the pumpkin comment, I have been lucky with them because I have never grown them before and was just hoping for the best, and got three good ones, I am really pleased.
thats a funny story with the mule.

..................... said...

lol, i'm sure my hubby wouldn't mind borrowing that mule at times...esp. since my mummsy lives with us now.
although, i do have to say, he has been remarkablly patient.
isn't it frustrating to come upon folks in the left lane who basically think it is for parking?

Tigersue said...

I just started the online extraction. It has been about a year since I have done anything. I like the new system as long as I can get a batch to download properly. I don't know if it is dialup or what but most of the batches don't download the images completely so I have had to reject about 75% of the downloads. What a pain on dialup when it takes awhile to get them one.

I know murmur, murmur, murmur. Bad me!