Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Have you ever noticed that even though you proofread your writing there are still mistakes that appear out of nowhere. An e left off or an a or whatever the case may be. I try to proofread my blogs each day but still miss a few things and even spell check misses them. Oh well.

How many of you who read these silly blogs of mine know your state song? How many of you even know if your state has a state song? When I was young and attending elementary school each day we would have a morning prayer, sing our state song and recite the pledge of allegiance. I feel kids miss out on so much today. It was one day at the jail that a group of us were visiting and found out several were born and raised in Idaho. I asked if they knew the state song and we all burst out in singing, "And here we have Idaho. Winning her way to fame. Silver and gold in her sunlit name and romance lies in her game. We will go singing, singing of you. All proudly too, all our lives through we'll go singing, singing of you. Singing of Idaho."

Now I will admit it has been years since I have sung that song in any kind of seriousness but now whenever I cross the border into Idaho I sing it with gusto. My wife thinks I'm funny but she can't sing the Ohio state song, in fact she doesn't know if Ohio has one. Sheesh, and she laughs at me!!

In response to yesterdays story about my friend Garl Winger; he died from a tree falling on him. It was a freak accident though and not of his fault. The odd part was that according to witnesses he just stood there and let it happen; kind of like he was glued to the spot. He was working on the new road going over the mountains from Victor, Idaho to Jackson, Wyoming. There was a log boomed up for whatever reason and the cable or device that was holding the log up, broke and the log hit him right on the head. A very sad story.

This house thing is driving me to the grave. I will be dead and my wife will have someone else to enjoy the house with, if we ever get it. We only have two days left to close or we start paying a $100 a day penalty. The problem lies with the underwriter wanting so much and being so picky about things. By the time we find out what they want and then track down the information too much time has gone by. Such is the life of one trying to buy a house. Many of you know exactly what I am talking about.

I apologize for not reading many of your blogs. I want to but have been so darn busy and so darn stressed out that I have not taken the time to do anything but feel sorry for myself. Forgive me and I promise I will try and be better 'cause everyone of you have stories and experiences that I, personally, like to read so I know you better even though I have never met you. You know it makes me sad to think of how a nice thing like blogging is abused. I read of perverts tracking down people from their blogs, or of other misdeeds going on and I think, "Gee, I wonder if people think that of me?" I sincerely hope not. My intentions are honorable and just like to get to know people from all over the world, including Canada.

Guess I have rambled enough, plus I need to go and start the car for Maw. It is cold today and looks like the Canadians are sending more snow our way. Boy they get sensitive because they lost in the olympics. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

3 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hi Tim. I only have time to read your latest post - soon I will read them all and catch up. I know what you mean about being busy. Its been crazy on my end too. I just havne't had time to write or check out others blogs like I like to. I wish you luck withyour house thing - that is SOOO frustrating. Take care and I'll be back soon.

fishondude said...

"Hang On Sloopy" is the official Ohio State Rock song. I can hear you singing it now

Fried Lemon Pie said...

"Texas, Our Texas" in my state's song. I know the tune and some of the words, so know I was forced to sing it some place...I'm guess at football games, our state sport.