Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Have Internet!!!!!



This is the time of year that beauty pageants are starting and lovely young women all over the country are vieing for that coveted Miss America or Miss USA or Miss (Whatever your state is) or maybe just for Miss (Whatever your town is). Here in Idaho we have lovely young maidens as well, but the one who wins the most is this lovely young thing pictured above.

It is good to be back doing the blog and being my usual silly self. What a nightmare it has been to get the Internet here. Living in a one horse town is "GREAT" don't get me wrong, but when you have been spoiled with large town luxuries it is hard to convert back to the good old life. We don't have high speed Internet here so I am now putting up with "dial up" and man is it slow. Not only that but I am back to getting kicked off when I am trying to download a large file or whatever. Waa, Waa, Waa.

I did not have my operation. My blood pressure was 192/98 that day and the doctor did not wish to go ahead, the big wuss. I am now on a blood pressure watch and hope to get it down by Friday so we can go ahead then. I have always had high blood pressure but maybe that was a little too high.

Do I love living in a small one horse town? Yes, indeed I do. I feel I have traveled back at least 50 years or more. I went to the hardware store for something and it was just great. No Lowes or Home Depot, no sir, it was like going back to the days of covered wagons. The store had a managerie of everything and only the store owner knew where anything was. There was a stove in the back with a fire burning and a bunch of old farmers standing around shooting the breeze. It was great. Are the people friendly? I have never met such friendly people. Everyone says "hi" and waves to you as you are going down the street. Coming from California I keep saying to Cheryl, "Who was that?" or "What do they want?" or "What are you looking at buddy?" The first night here we had two very large pizza's delivered (thank God they have pizza or I might have had serious withdrawals) and a large bucket of chicken, all by people in the neighborhood.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will try and get to your blogs so I can catch up on your lives as well. Sorry for being gone so long but the problems just would not stop coming for a while. Of course being gone I probably have new stories, that are full of blarney, to share.

Have a nice day from the Ramblin' Irishman.

3 comments:

Tigersue said...

good to have you back.

..................... said...

ditto what tiger says

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Glad to hear you have settled in alright. Hope the surgery goes well.