Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am grateful for............... A free country to live in. I know this sounds corny but I truly am grateful for my country even with it's problems. I don't see soldiers walking the streets with guns and checking for papers or etc. I can get in my car and travel anywhere in the US I want without fear of being stopped and accused of doing something against my government. I can go fishing whenever and wherever the season is open and am not regulated to a certain spot at a certain time... I LOVE MY COUNTRY.


Just taking a few moments to do a little blogging before I go back to bed. Cheryl is out in the kitchen fixing breakfast, she had done the laundry, she has cleaned the bathroom, she started a fire so I would be warm today, and all this before 7:00 am. I don't know what she has been doing the rest of the time but I know she is capable of accomplishing much more; the old slacker.



Got home about midnight last night from taking the girl's basketball team to their latest defeat. They played good for a quarter and a half then fell apart. Oh well.



I noticed on the Internet news this morning that in Australia Santa is banned from saying ho, ho, ho when he greets children. Why,, you ask? Because a very slight minority found it offensive and sexist, or so the news put it. The question I ask myself is how do these people manage to get all the headlines? Now if someone (like the silent millions) said they like Santa going ho, ho, ho there would be not a word spoken about it.



Well, I smell hot bacon cooking in the pan and I feel it my husbandly duty to go and eat it so off I go.



Here is something to think about.



My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.



Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Tennessee because of bad weather. Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House this weekend.



The NTSB issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: Judy was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.



The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.



Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her aircraft.



She was very lucky.





Have a nice day everyone.



6 comments:

darkfoam said...

..that's not the right kind of broom to be flying around in. it's unbalanced and angled at the bottom. no wonder she crashed.
tsk, amateurs..
;)

ps: continue spoiling your cheryl.
i know you do.

darkfoam said...

ps: i'm thankful that my blood pressure medicine works.

Jeralee said...

Bwahaha - love the broom. Too funny.

I also love living in this country and it drives me nuts when locals are complaining about things.

In regards to the Santa comment, You should try living in a liberal environment where there is a select few at the school that object talking about the Pilgrims and Indians - er, I mean Native Americans because the Indian part is too violent and the Pilgrims deal with religion.

Actually my guess is that all of those years you were living in California, you probably had lots of exposure to some of the same things we deal with up here.

Idaho is a bit tamer. LOL

Some people have nothing better to do with their time then complain about Santa Claus.

Still just me said...

I am grateful that we still say the Pledge in the school I work in. A lot of schools are not even allowed to do this anymore.

Tigersue said...

lol

hee, hee

Pamela said...

I'm going to get you and your little doggie too


9Dang. I was going to sign this
the The Ex.
But you don't take anonymous comments.

Dang - you missed out on a little heart attack and a little humor)