Monday, November 26, 2007

Well Thanksgiving is over for another year and Christmas is roaring toward us like a freight tain that has no engineer. I refused to go to the stores on "black friday" since it had to be pure mayhem. I already have my gift for Cheryl and she even knows what it is and cannot wait until Christmas to receive it. I have reserved us a room for two nights in West Yellowstone, Montana where we will board a snow coach and go see Yellowstone in the winter. Now if we could just get some very needed snow. I am hoping the animals will all be out and moving. Anyway that is my gift to her this year. I already gave her a new camera so she can take lots of pictures.

We were privileged to attend our two granddaughters baptism into our church and that is always special. The kids are so sweet (when they are asleep). Las Vegas is a town that I cannot understand why anyone would want to live in that part of the country. It is nothing but sand, rocks and cactus. One lady was telling us of the tarantula invasion they had where she lives. I guess they were everywhere and it was nothing to have one of them crawling somewhere in her house. I can just imagine what I would be like to wake up feeling one of them crawl across my face; yuuuuuuuuuuck!! Then she got talking about the scorpions and other creepy things. Luckily she never mentioned rattlesnakes or I would have been out of there.

I hope anyone and everyone who reads my drivel had a good Thanksgiving. I know my Australian friends don't celebrate this day but I am sure they have equal days. It always amazes me how people drive on these holidays. It is like they got up and decided to tempt fate and drive in a suicidal manner. We saw two very bad wrecks and I couldn't help but think how sad that their holiday was ruined, who knows how badly, by a second's decision on someone's part. I am just grateful that Cheryl and I made it home with no problems.

Guess that is it for today.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

darkfoam said...

that's an absolutely wonderful gift to give to cheryl .. and yourself..
i'm impressed, irishman.
it's always nice to spend time with loved ones for the holidays. and it's always nice to arrive home safely.
btw., have you taken your blood pressure medicine today?
:)

Jeralee said...

Yellowstone in Winter, sounds like a terrific gift. Watch out Old Faithful - here they come!

I am SOOO with you on the snakes. Spiders I can handle, but snakes, absolutely not! I don't care what kind, size or type. A snake is a snake. There is just something odd about them - maybe because they have no arms or legs. ICK!

Sounds like the baptisms went well.

Pamela said...

that is the perfect gift.
I think we (hubby and me) would like to come along. (: