Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I was reading my friend, Tigersue's Jungle, blog and she had a neat thing she was doing that I thought I would try and imitate. Each day she was writing about 1 thing she was thankful for and why. For instance yesterday's post was about being thankful for warm towels fresh from the dryer and how the smell, the warmth made her feel better about things as well. Even though I am her senior by a few years I have the same feelings about warm towels fresh from the dryer. So here goes....

Since this is day number one of my doing this I will start this way....

I am grateful for... A WARM FIRE ON A COLD DAY.

Today is a cold day and I have yet to start the fire but believe me I am glad I have the privilege and ability to be warm. There are many in this world who have no home, no food, no warmth and no family. I truly feel for them and wish I had the means to do something about it. These warmongers on the earth today cause a lot of needless suffering to innocent victims and then of course there are the disasters everywhere. A question? Would living in Canada be considered a disaster?:)

I hope everyone is having a nice day except for Alice Price who thinks the Irish came from Africa. May she be buried in snow without a shovel.:)

Cheryl met a German lady who lives in our area and she is a character according to my wife. Hmmm, must be something about the birthplace or heritage. I guess I will have to enlist her aide in translating Foam's latest post about WWII and her family. Foam are you sure your first name is not Susan?

Was reading my niece Jeralee's blog and if that girl don't slow down she is going to have a coronary. Mercy!!

Not much to say today so will close. Got to read the latest Australian jokes to brighten my day.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Tigersue said...

love a warm fire too. I wish I had a completed fireplace to enjoy one.

..................... said...

let's see...
every night i am grateful for a comfy bed ... and the spouse with whom i share that bed with....

no, last time i checked my name was not susan. it's not really foam either, in case you were wondering. and sometime this week, perhaps this evening or tomorrow, i will translate everything.

Jeralee said...

LOL - It is a little slower today. I am sitting back getting caught up on blogs and drinking my Diet Pepsi. Ah.... life is good.

Still just me said...

Oh I too am grateful for warmth. Being cold is one of my least favorite things.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim, Im gratefull for the heater in winter but Oh boy am I thankfull for my Air Conditioner the last few days 34c,36c.today 34c up comming weekend forecast 38c=100f...