Thursday, November 01, 2007



These pictures are mainly for my friend who lives near Rifle, Colorado. Show them to your husband so he can remember the good old days near an oil rig. I don't remember where exactly we were when I took these pictures but I do remember it was COLD.

Well the "hallowed" day is over, all the little witches and goblins and angels and whatever all was out there have gone into hibernation for another year. Cheryl dressed up as "The Cat In The Hat" and I spent my evening in the hospital emergency room with an old gentleman who suddenly developed blood clots in his leg. I cannot say who enjoyed the evening more, Cheryl or me. The old gentleman is 94 years young and is a hoot. Cheryl got to be with the candy and maple bars. Oh well.

I hope everyone had a good time last night and there were no bad situations.

Not much to say today so will close with a couple of jokes. Trying to keep up with my Aussie friends you know.
*************************************************************************************

Two boys were walking home from Sunday School after
hearing a strong preaching about the devil.

One said to the other, "What do you think about all this
Satan stuff ?"

The other boy replied, " Well, you know how Santa Claus
turned out. It's probably just your Dad."
*************************************************************************************

A very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into a department store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

The department store Greeter said pleasantly " Good morning, and welcome. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no they ain't twins."
"The oldest one's 9 and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

"I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am," replied the greeter. "I just couldn't believe you got laid twice." "Have a good day and thank you for shopping with us."
*************************************************************************************

One night a guy dropped his girlfriend at her home.

As they were about to wish each other goodnight at the front door, the guy started feeling a little in the mood.

With an air of confidence, he leaned with his hand against the wall and smiling, he said to her "Honey, would you give me a kiss?"

Horrified, she replied, "Are you mad? My parents will see us!"

"Oh come on! Who's gonna see us at this hour?" He asked grinning at her.

"No, please. Can you imagine if we get caught?"

"Oh come on!

There's nobody around, they're all sleeping!".

"No way, it's just too risky!"

"Oh please, please, I love you so much?!?".

"No, no, and no. I love you too, but I just can't!".

"Oh yes you can. Please?"

"No, no. I just can't" "I'm begging you ... "

Out of the blue, the light on the stairs went on, and

The girl's elder sister showed up in her pajamas, hair dishevelled, And in a sleepy voice she said,

"Dad says to go ahead and give him a kiss, or I can do it. Or if need Be, mom says she can come down herself and do it, but for God's sake and all of ours....

TELL HIM TO TAKE HIS HAND OFF THE DOOR BELL ........
*************************************************************************************

I am not sure but I might have received those jokes from Merle in Australia. I apologize Merle but they were so good I had to have them too.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Still just me said...

You could have just as well taken those pictures out of my camera! Thank you for sharing them with me, and everyone else. I will have to send you some now.

..................... said...

irishman,
liked the photos. the jokes were a hoot.
i've not changed out of my costume yet, so i'm going as the dotted foam.

Jeralee said...

I hope Aunt Cheryl saved you some candy! I have been sneaking some out of the kid's plastic pumpkins.. he he..

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ I posted the first joke, but not the others. It's fine to
post any of my jokes. Thanks for your comments. No we don't celebrate Halloween in Australia, although a few signs are about that we may in future. I even bought extra sweete
but had no callers. Darn, now I have to eat them myself!! Take care,Tim
Regards, Merle.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim, ive see the Doorbell one before but worth another chuckle.
Hope Cheryl shared a few treats with you.and your friends doing well.
Take care ,,Jen

Pamela said...

is that really a picture of a grizzly on a golf course??? now days you never know.

and this was a great post, by the way.

enjoyed the golf stuff and the jokes were ones I had never heard before, so I was totally in a giggle fit.