Monday, June 19, 2006

Cheryl and I have not been getting much rest at night lately so my addled brain might not make much sense today.

Hope all fathers had a great Father's Day. Mine was fantastic. Cheryl waited on me like a queen should wait on her king and I loved it. She made me eggs, hashbrowns and bacon for breakfast and for dinner we had T-bone steaks (I bbq'd), mashed potatoes with fresh creamed peas for gravy. Yum, yum. All the kids except for one daughter called me and I loved it. We always hang up laughing about something. My oldest daughter, Kate, always tries to embarrass me somehow and she usually manages to do it.

After Kate's call I got to thinking about some of the things we did in our home while the kids were smaller. I went and obtained a folding chair and painted it fire engine red. When I asked one of my children to come and have a visit with me and I pointed to the red chair they knew they were in serious trouble. After a while it got to be the joke of the house at times.

I used to ask my children to come and have an interview with me. This was a one on one time where they could talk about anything they wanted just with their dad. I heard some unusual comments which made me try very hard not to laugh 'cause to them it was very serious. Often, if I would set down with one child to have an interview the others would not let me rest until I had an interview with them as well. Even in their teen-age years we had these conversations and I am glad I did. I hope it helped them with some of their problems. I have good kids, I just don't let them know it. Hah, hah!!!

Well, Cheryl has something smelling awfully good in the kitchen so I had better meander out there and check it out. Won't be blogging tomorrow because I have to take her to the doctor and see what is happening inside of her. She gets to suffering an awful lot.

Amber, how was the funeral? How are you feeling? Are you licking this pneumonia thing or is it still bothering you?

Schaumi I wish I knew you in person. You sound like a lot of fun and I truly enjoy your remarks on my blog.

Don't know what has happened to Lowa lately. Found out that Luce is a sneaky little rascal. Mayden is crying because her Carolina Hurricanes are going down tonight.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

Never fear, I am still here! LOL I check up on you but seldom get a chance to comment because the kids are always wanting attention.

Glad you had such a wonderful day yesterday. Good for you, making time for each child, one on one. That is so important.

Hope Cheryl feels better soon!

..................... said...

hey irishman,
thanks for making me feel good. i'm a bit under stress these days due to our closing on a house we are buying on friday and my mother's house being closed next tuesday and we still haven't gotten our house ready to show yet or sold for that matter and we just got back from florida where we were visiting with a very sick relative who ended up passing away all the while we also took the youngest to disney world. can't go to orlando without doing certain theme parks. whew!

glad you had a great father's day

Tigersue said...

I'm glad you had a good fathers day. Hope all goes well with Cheryl, and it is something easily treated.

Lowa said...

I know you said you wouldn't write today. Been thinking of Cheryl, wondered how things are??

Looking forward to an update tomorrow maybe???