Monday, June 12, 2006



What a weekend! What a weekend!!! Two of our children and their families were here for three days and as happy as I was to see them, I have to admit I was happy to see the taillights on their cars as they left. It wasn't so bad with just the kids but the dogs that came also were almost more than I could bear. Two of them were doberman pinchers and the other two were dachsunds. I had dog crap in my dining room, dog pee in my hallway, I had dogs that kept jumping up on me and I hate that. I had a grandson that went to the basement to play his video games and he only surfaced when he wanted food or to torment everyone.

We went fishing since it was free fishing day in Idaho. What did we see? Ten thousand cars from Utah. Now I know Utah has free fishing also. Not only did we not catch any fish but most everyone got sunburned. Hummph.

Sunday Cheryl and I were the speakers in our church meeting. Who fashionably shows up late so they can make a grand entrance but my children. Our talks turned out okay I guess since no one threw any rotten tomatoes or other materials at us. One lady said I made her cry.

Things are back to normal now though. The cat has come out of hiding, we think we have found all the misplaced toys, all the dirty diapers have been sent to the landfill and the refridgerator is empty. The most important part of all is they left me with at least 3/4 gallon of milk. We all know that milk is the nectar of the Gods.

It must have been birthday time in this town. We celebrated three birthdays, our next door neighbors celebrated three birthdays and they told us of another party going on doing the same. I tell you some of these winters are long and hard here in Idaho and June bears the fruit of such.

I have been told I will get the camper checked out for sure this week and we are going camping. Cheryl, who is usually very quiet during visits, said she wants peace and solitude for a couple of days. Maybe we will even catch some fish this time since no one will be throwing rocks in the water, tangling lines like crazy and constantly asking for more bait on their hooks. (And I am talking about the adults)

Have a nice day everyone. I will try to visit your blogs but make no promises this week. Often I will read them without making comments so don't think I am ignoring you.:)

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Ditto on the milk statement. There is notihng better in this world than a tall cup of ice-cold milk.

clairesgarden said...

oh the dogs! oh my, glad you survived!!