Friday, June 02, 2006

Okay, I am going to show my ignorance here. What in the world does LOL mean on the Internet? I see this a lot and have no idea what it is all about. I know there is a version of shorthand used by many on the net but I never could grab the hang of it.

Yes, Cheryl is and was a pre-school teacher for over 25 years. I kept asking her if she would like to get her degree and move up but she loved her work, she loves little kids and she loved where she was working and was so loyal that she would not leave. She tried it once and worked for a time with a government agency teaching children but the politics were so bad she quit and went back to good old Darla and stayed there until the business closed. For those who might be LDS she was a primary worker, president and stake president for over 25 years as well then she graduated to the young women's program.

Does anyone know what the word twitterpated means? This is a word I learned while living in Utah and I think it means when someone is so caught up with someone else that they lose their sense of bearing. Dana does that sound like anyone you know. I think it happens a lot when people think they are in love.

Got to go. Guests coming, lawn needs trimming, garden needs watering, belly needs feeding and body needs napping. I am a busy man.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Craig Aaen Stockdale said...

Er... "Laugh Out Loud". It means you're laughing. Out loud. Cause something was funny. Best one I've seen was NYYR - Not Yo-Yo Related. Admittedly, this only ever appears on yoyo forums... LOL

Tigersue said...

Yup LOL is Laughing out Loud, and then there is the ROTFLOL, that is rolling on the floor Laughin Out loud. There are so many variations out there, you will get the hang of it. Don't be afraid to ask about the jargon, everyone had to ask sometime!

As for twitterpated, watch Disney's Bambi and you get the understanding of the word in full. That is where it comes from, and yes it has to do with how silly people can be when they first fall in love.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Hey, thanks good people. Now I can say I learned something today.

..................... said...

LOL! Took me also a while to figure that one out :)

It took me also a while to figure out what this meant: :P - sticking out ones tongue.......not that I'm doing that to you, of course.

..................... said...

Have a good Sunday.