Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This is about how Cheryl and I feel on a Friday night. Friday's used to be movie and pizza night but somehow it is changing to other things. (No, not sex)

I don't know how much I will be blogging this week since it looks like a very busy week coming at us. The kids who live within a 150 miles of us are coming with our new granddaughter. The kids who live within 70 miles of us are coming with our grandsons and we are all going to enjoy free fishing day here in Idaho. Cheryl tells me I have to get the camper ready so we can take it to the lake so I have a feeling I am going to be busy. Of course I have to schedule nap times each day as well.

Too bad all of you aren't close by so you could come to my church and listen to me preach. :) Should be interesting and fun, I hope. I agreed to talk mainly because when I am done they never ask me again. Cheryl, on the other hand, is so sweet and loving and walks on water that they always want her back.

Well I am getting closer to driving truck again. I have a friend who hauls milk and he is going to take me with him so I can get the feel of the rig. Once I do that I will take the skills test and hopefully become a full fledged terror on the highway again.

Got to go and do some stuff for Cheryl so will close with this story.

Grandma and birth control

A doctor that had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life finally retired.

At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.

As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized she had a prescription for birth control pills.

"Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are BIRTH CONTROL pills?"

"Yes, they help me sleep at night."

"Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in these that could possibly help you sleep!"

She reached out and patted the young Doctor's knee.

"Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16 year old granddaughter drinks..................................And believe me, it helps me sleep at night."

You gotta love Grandmas!

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

..................... said...

Family time! Well, good for you! I know you will enjoy seeing everybody.

LOL :). You just have a collection of the silliest jokes.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I LOVE that! I can tell you that is the kind of Grandma I will be!
LOL :)
Take care this week, and have fun!
I need to schedule a nap too! LOL!

Tigersue said...

Very, very funny