Tuesday, June 27, 2006



I don't know if I posted this picture before but it is very true to life. Cheryl and I feel as if we are at the last two pictures in our lives.

This will probably be my last blog until after Cheryl's operation which is tomorrow. I plan on staying at the hospital until I know all is well and she just needs rest. Since we live 60 miles from the hospital it is a little hard to run back and forth.

My daughter, Leslie, has been staying with us for the past week along with our granddaughter Rylie. Lots of diapers that Grandpa had forgotten about. It reminded me of a story about our next to the oldest son.

When Pat was alive Cheryl was a youth leader for our church and it required her to be at meetings quite a bit. Naturally, Dad was the babysitter. That darned Pat would wait until the car taillights were just around the corner and he would mess his pants like he was never going to have the chance again. I mean it was the kind where you had to put him in the tub to clean him up. It would have been okay if he did it only once in a while, except he would do it every time his mother would leave. If he hadn't have been so sick I would have killed him.

One time Cheryl and I decided to trick him. Actually Cheryl would not believe me when I would say he did it before she made the first corner. She got in the car and slowly drove around the block a couple of times. I just knew he would let me have it. That little pup didn't do a darned thing. Cheryl came into the house to check and he was just smiling and happy and she just knew I was a big fibber. She got into the car and before she hit the first corner he let me have it with full throttle. Oh, that kid. They learn at an early age to torment parents.

Well, this weekend is the 4th of July and I hope everyone will be safe and happy. I hope everyone will fly the flag honoring our country and those who provided us with so much freedom.

Have a nice day everyone.

1 comment:

..................... said...

You know i wish your cheryl all the best, tim delaney. my thoughts and prayers will be with you all..