Thursday, June 15, 2006

Just got back from a 2 day camping trip. It was GREAT!!! The angels were holding a bowling tournament, the fireworks were going off all over the place, it rained, it hailed, it was just super. We snuggled down in the camper and listened to the rain hit the roof and slept like a pair of babies. There were a couple of thunder boomers that literally shook the camper. Loved it.

Have you ever heard or read the story of Rip Van Winkle? We mentioned it to one of our daughters and she gave us the strangest look. Apparently we never read this story to her when she was younger and the schools didn't mention it either. Now I have to find a copy for my own so I can read it to my grandchildren. Cheryl and I mentioned the angels were bowling one day and all around us thought we had lost it. Rip Van Winkle silly people. I remember that story as well as Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox from Uncle Remus as being some of my all time favorites.

Of course all good things have their down sides as well. The mosquitoes were somewhat obnoxious. The black flies were bothersome. The fish didn't like one thing that I offered them. I had a fellow pull up next to me on the lake and with one cast he caught a beautiful trout and then proceeded to catch 4 more. Me, I caught nothing. The next day I had nibbles but no takers. A boat pulls up to the bank just down from me and I hear, "Oh, way to go big guy." The fellow had caught a magnificent trout on a plastic worm. Trout normally will not hit plastic worms. I grumbled some more. The bottom line, I got skunked and everyone else got fish. *&^%$#@!!!

Guess that is all for now. Will go and play Word Whomp and nurse my hurt feelings. Heck, even Dana could outfish me.:)

Have a nice day everyone.

No comments: