Tuesday, October 03, 2006



I had to think long and hard before posting this picture. I sense a little discomfort in it.

What the heck is going on in this country anymore? Killing Amish people who are some of the most gentle, peace loving people there are. Where are all of these sickos coming from. No wonder so many are turning to home schooling for educating their children. The school environment is getting so dangerous that I am glad none of my kids attend anymore although I worry about my grandchildren.

The worst thing that I can remember happening in my high school was when someone put a skunk in the heating system of the school. Whew, that will always be remembered. Later one of those boys turned out to be sheriff in our community. Go figure.

Picked up the German exchange students last night and they were a very well groomed, well mannered group of young people. One of the chaperones was good looking also. Now some might ask, what is an old fart like you doing checking out the younger ladies? I am old, not dead although Cheryl will debate that issue quite vigorously.

Going to Ririe, ID tomorrow and wished the team had to play all day and half the night. I would take my waders, fishing pole and gear and head for the Snake River.

Guess this is all for today. UK John I will get to visit your blog soon (I hope). I did like the looks of your greenhouse and wished I had one here. I would try and raise tomatoes all year round.

Have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

Tigersue said...

Gee, How fast I miss that fact that you have updated your site. I'm falling behind so fast. I hope those little one's are doing well.

You are right about the problems this country is facing.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Yes, it is quite disturbing - the rash of school shooting and the like. Just sickening. This is what happens when our country keeps moving away from God...sad to say.

Bob said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking no matter how old you are as long as the young lady isn't too young of course. I'm speaking as a man now of course but I would think a look to admire was a complent. Anyway glad everything went okay.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Tanya, I know what you mean about falling behind. Glad to see you are still perking though. Wasn't conference great?
Dana, I agree 100% about moving away from God. Unfortunately we are all going to pay a terrific price for it, the good and the bad. The Bible is full of stories about Him getting upset when that happens.
Bob, I apologize if I called you John. The eye sees what is correct but the brain has a mind of its own. I do agree about it being a compliment to a woman for a man to find her attractive. Not in a sensual way but just in a pleasing way. I am shocked the way female coaches dress for the games I take them to. Some are real slobs and do not represent their school well.

Bob said...

Its okay, no doubt people have called me worse than John when I can't hear them. I don't know if you ever read in my blog about the Mulberry man, Tuesday, August 29, 2006. For some reason he always calls me Rodger, the funny part is it doesn't even seem strange anymore.

..................... said...

Yes, anytime a school shooting occurs it is tragic. I was thinking about this as I was driving to school this morning.

btw.
i also put a comment on your last post.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I loved the cartoon-
Do you think if I dressed up like a man I could get away with all that? I doubt it- hubby would figure it out and come after me! :)

The school shootings are heartbreaking and sickening- and as a parent of younger kids I feel like I'm always trying to keep from over reacting when these things happen. I've thought about home schooling- I could do it..."sigh"- I would do it if I needed to.

Have fun with the Germans! I hope this turns out to be a wonderful experience for all of you :)