Tuesday, October 31, 2006


This says it all!

So here we are ready for the big Halloween day in the United States. What am I going to do? I am locking my doors, turning off my lights and hoping the little witches and goblins and other kinds of monsters leave me alone. Cheryl is the one who gets into this trick or treating thing. Me, I am using my Halloween attitude to prepare for Christmas; BAH HUMBUG!! For some reason I never have enjoyed Christmas like a lot of others do. Besides, NCIS is on and I don't want to miss one minute of it.

Some have asked how Leslie's surgery went. Not well. They opened her up, took one look at the tumors and how bad they were and closed her back up. The tumors are attached to her female reproductive organs and all would have to be taken out. To remove them would cancel all hope of having more children and the doctors felt she and her husband should talk about what they want to do. She is still in her twenties and wants to have more children soooooooo we wait. Other than that she is doing fine.

Brrrrrrr it is cold here. Last night it was down to about 10 or lower. I turned on the furnace for the first time this year. Now I am spoiled and want to be warm all the time.

I don't know why I thought of this last night, but I will tell the story of how I got run over by a tractor when I was a senior in high school. Maybe I have told the story before and just don't remember. If I have then please forgive me or don't read it or something.

Hope everyone has a nice Halloween day and all are safe. I worry about Luce and the mischief she can get into.:) Merle I had time to just glance at your blog last night and went to bed laughing. You and Jen are quite the characters. Lowa your husband does a great job in pumpkin carving; he is to be complimented. I am surprised that Dana did not do the Halloween meme whatever "meme" means. I still have that scary dream that I actually met Schaumi. Ha, ha, ha just kidding Schaumi.
Tiger Sue do you guys do the trunk and treat down there? Here we do nothing. Nothing at all. Go figure. Life in a small town I guess.

Aleaha write and tell me how the gathering was last Saturday. How is A.J. doing? Did you all have a good time?

Guess that is it for today.

Have a nice Halloween everyone.

4 comments:

Tigersue said...

No they don't do the trunk treat thing here. The Legacy Center has a big thing that people go to. Actually for living in a Neighbor hood full of kids we had only 7 knocks on the door last night. I buy so much stuff thinking that maybe we will really be hit, and nothing, and a warm night to boot. We live on a dead end street and the only house on our side of the road, so kids tend to pass us by even if they come down the road. It is too bad because I will be really generous to those that bother. I think I will start giving big handfulls of stuff out next year. I will be posting a picture of my cute Kendra. Since she had a cold we didn't take to very many places. Not that a two year old needs all that stuff, and with everything we have left over it could last us until next Halloween.

..................... said...

hey halloween grinch,
hope you were able to burrow behind closed doors yesterday.
I'm sorry about Cheryl. I'm assuming those tumors are benign at this point.
Actually, I'm just pretending to be a woman. I'm really a wicked haint and give folks bad nightmares. So, that would explain those nightmares about me.
Anyways, I did do your tag halloween thingy.

Bob said...

I'm sorry about Cheryl too, I know to some extent what she must be going through. I hope those trick or treaters weren't too hard on you.

Jeanette said...

Hey Rambling
Great blog. Sorry to hear about leslie's operation.
We dont celebrate halloween here, but i LOVE Christmas. Especially with all the little grandchildren.. and some of the big ones too. Thanks for the great comments.
Hooroo Mate,
Come and visit again soon