Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blogger is giving me fits this morning. This is mainly for UKBob and Claires Garden or anyone else who would like to comment about my predicument.

When I moved into this house the yard was in sad shape and had not been taken care of in a long, long time. The lilac bushes had gone wild so I took a saw and leveled them to shoulder height. My wife thinks I have ruined thema and they will not produce leaves or flowers. I need to know if this is true or are they okay and just need time to look nice again.

Thanks to anyone and everyone.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim

I had A lilac many years ago
used to give it a good cut back every year it always come back again. I moved from there so dont know if its still going I sould have taken a cutting from it.

Pamela said...

I think your lilacs will survive.
It will just take an extra year for the top to fill in before you get any blooms up there.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~ I hope your lilac grows, it should. I like the photo of you and Cheryl, and your Christmas picture and story. The snake story was scary.
What sort of mate would do that?
Sorry it is so freezing over there, but at least you have the roaring fire and hot chocolate - some don't.
Meanwhile, we are trying to keep cool and praying for rain. (I vaguely remember rain) Glad you enjoyed the
joke, Mother Knows Best !!
Take care, stay warm, Merle.

Bob said...

I just looked in on your blog as I do quite often and was surprised to see my name in the first line of a posting. Its nice to know I’m remembered. Anyway Lilac’s should have thin and unproductive wood removed after immediately after flowering. However I don’t think you will have killed it, you probably won’t have so many flowers this first year. Hope you keep us posted on the matter.