Tuesday, November 14, 2006


I think I have mentioned that my wife belongs to the Red Hat Society and I thought this picture depicted what they are all about. Are any of you ladies a part of the Red Hat Society?

I have this tune which keeps running through my mind so I guess if I write it down it will leave so I can listen to something else.

"Down by the station early in the morning. See the little Huff and Puff all in a row. See the station master blow his whistle. Huff, puff off they go." Now I know this is not exactly how the words go but for my purposes this is how I sing it. Why do I do this? Well....

I have this daughter named Katherine although she goes by Kate all the time. Now Katherine is an unusual girl. She sometimes gets upset over the most trivial things and she really does start to huff and puff like a locomotive. The only person in her life who can control her huffing and puffing is her Father. I must give her credit though, because at times she can get even quite well.

I used to play pranks on her by calling where she worked and saying I was from the police department and we had a warrant out for her arrest. I would tell her employer that she was considered dangerous and to not let on that we were looking for her. I never did have an employer not say something to her. Once she heard that someone called and asked about "Katherine" she instantly knew it was her Dad. I have never been one to call her Kate. I named her Katherine and that is how it should be with the middle name of Huff and Puff. So her name is really Katherine Huff and Puff Delaney.

One of my other daughters named Kimberly got me good in church one day. She was visiting and I was introducing those who were visitors. When I came to her she stood up and told her name and that her parents were Mom and the "Old Fart" harassing everyone. I thought everone was going to split from laughing.

Well, Cheryl is telling me to do something constructive so I better close for this day.

4 comments:

..................... said...

Seems like your daughters got their wacky sense of humor from their dad.
Was the huff and puff part perhaps inherited from the 'old...(/err/ never mind) ..I meant to say....you too?

Kate Olson said...

I would LOOOOVE to invite everyone to read my blog spot. It seems my DADDY likes to do a little name calling. What seems to slips is pre-alzheimer mind is that I too know his childhood "nickname" and am the MASTER at getting even with him. Schaumi, you couldn't have been more right about where I inherit the majority of my personality. But I do say my daily thanks for having some of my mom in me too.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~ I have a daughter Kathryn who we call Kathy, but her brothers call her Kate. So what did she do? Had a daughter 19 years ago and called her Kate. Confusing to some!!
Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the jokes. Even the one that wasn't a joke. We have just had the Melborne Cup, we had Commonwealth Games earlier in the year, we have Tennis, Golf, Football of seceral codes, Cricket, Car Racing, Swimmimg all at top level. Take care, Merle.

Jeanette said...

looks like your Daughter inherited there sense of humour from there dad Huff in and Puffin hahaha