Friday, November 03, 2006


These are hats that I make for the fun of it. Most of them are toddler hats but I have made them for youth and adults. What do you think? I make white hats and Cheryl makes booties for newborns for their blessing outfits if the parents wish.

I am in love with a man. I guess I lived in California too long. Believe it or not it is a Black man I am in love with. Maybe I should enlighten everyone more. I am actually in love with the product he endorses. The George Forman Grill. I have never found anything that cooks bacon as well as the George Forman Grill. It comes out just perfect and crunchy and yum, yum, yum. Even Gus, our cat, likes bacon cooked in the George Forman Grill.

The other day I took some chicken breasts, fondled them for a while for a cheap thrill, (I can't believe I just said that), cut them into strips and deep fried them in the deep fryer (hence the term deep fried) but only after I had coated them with onion ring batter. Talk about good. The meat was so moist and delicious plus the batter tasted better than anything the Colonel has produced.

Cheryl has been gone for a week that is why I am cooking.

This has been the week for me to leave computers alone. A lady asked me to install a program on her computer and it would not accept the program. In the process of trying to figure out why I managed to blank out her monitor and cause the Windows operating system to repeat itself over and over and over. Hmmmm, to the repair shop we went. Turned out to be a corrupted file on her computer but I just had to be the lucky one who it turned on. Oh lucky me.

Then I went to the local Family History Center to help a man understand the name extraction program. While helping him I noticed that the fonts on the computer were very small and hard to read. Well, I knew how to fix that... I thought. In that process I managed to get the monitor to read upside down and I didn't know how I did it. Called the help desk and I think they are still laughing over this one. Turns out that if you hit CTRL, ALT and the arrow keys at the same time you can turn your monitor screen sideways, upside down and etc. Now this is not good since part of the extraction program calls for those commands CTRL, ALT and the arrows to move a highlighter around in the program. Oh lucky me again, but at least it is fixed. I think I am banned for life from the local Family History Center.

The whole problem is that I have not been working that much this week. I am in the lull while athletic teams are going from football to basketball. I expect in the next couple of weeks I will be running hard and fast again. Too much time on my hands to think about why a computer will not do this or that. Many times I have been told, leave it alone. Hmmmmm. Oh well. Guess I should go rake leaves.

Have a nice day everyone.

10 comments:

Lowa said...

YOu are hilarious! I loved what you said about the chicken breasts:) LOL

I NEVER thought of using our grill for BACON! you are SO SMART, seriously. I hate frying it, so we have been using a thingy that cooks it in the microwave which SUCKS. I am SO excited to try the grill. I marinated chicken in Itialian Salad dressing and grilled that yesterday. The left overs are good in salads!

I need to catch up on your blog, I am confused about where Cheryl is. I can't right now, though, but will soon. Thanks for the idea about that deep fried chicken also, my mouth is watering! LOL

fishondude said...

Hey I want one of your hats will you make me one a real crazy
one I will pay you And I will wear it

..................... said...

Those are some great hats!
You know you're pretty funny.
I wonder if I could get my monitor to display upside down. ........
Nope, can't do it on an IMAC. I just tried. You have a great weekend, irishman.

Tigersue said...

My daughter has made some hats like that. I want to learn to make some like a lady made my Abbie, if you look at her pictures on my blog you will see her wearing it.

I have always wanted a george forman grill. So I guess I get to keep using my slow cooker!

Here I thought I was the only one that had problems with the computer, glad to see I'm not alone.

Our Stake did a grand total of
47,658 names in October. It is amazing to think of the scope of the work when you can see what one stake can do. Wow.

Jeanette said...

Gday Rambling
Great post Loved the Beanies (Hats) laughed at your chicken breasts and u being in love with a man and turned out to be your grill.By the way Cazz is my Daughter the last post she added was 6october then go into my archives September and earlier you will see a lot of her posts there.
Thank you for your visit and comments come over anytime Take Care keep smiling. Jen

Gwen said...

Hi..I've also had my moments with
"George",great cooking I agree...
but I don't fondle my food Ha!Ha!
Your lucky run could continue,I
think you should take your own
advise and get the rake out.!!!
If you are passing this way pop in
anytime.
P.S.Loved your head gear too.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~ Love your hats, we call them beanies over here, don't ask why?
Glad your daughter is doing well, but sorry those tumours are still there.
Glad you are enjoying the jokes and getting a laugh out of some of them.
My brother, Peter at Holties House also puts some on also. He is in my sidebar, if you want to check it out.
Take care, Regards, Merle.

Kate Olson said...

I was looking through all of your pictures and that picture of the duck and her ducklings reminds me alot of my childhood. Remember when you left me on the side of the road when I was 8??? I still haven't gotten over that one. I didn't know you were so darn domesticated. Wanna be my housekeeper/Nanny when I move to Vegas? You can bring your boyfriend with you.

Bob said...

Ha ha - thats computers for you, they tempt you to fiddle with them and when you do they BITE! I like the hats, very colourful.

Carol Michel said...

Thanks for vistiing my blog. Your hats are nice, good colors.