Monday, November 13, 2006



Woke up this morning and started humming a tune. "Looked out my window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree." However I had to change some of the words to this, "Looked out my window and what did I see? Snow a sagging from my apricot tree." Yup, it snowed last night oh lucky us. Actually I am glad it did. This has been a dry summer and we need moisture in the mountains to supply needed water for the coming year. I just don't like to drive, work, walk, shovel or any other chores I can think of that would require me to be in the snow. To think that at one time in my life I loved the snow for the snowmobiling, skiing, snowballs and other great fun times. I used to go out in the shed where the cattle were bedded down from the storm. I would snuggle up against one of the cows and be toasty warm and just watch the blizzard rage.

Just got back from a trip to Boise, Idaho. I took student body officers from three high schools to a convention that included all schools throughout the state. I must admit these kids that I had were ladies and gentlemen. Not a problem of any sort. Coming back my bus developed an oil leak and I put in 11 gallons of oil just to get us home. Cheryl did not go with me since she had to work one of the days I was gone. She also felt she should be here for her Red Hat meeting. Probably just as well that she didn't go since she would have made me take her shopping. As it was I got to watch tv for a little bit.

Yesterday was church and I had to speak on a subject that is definitely not my strong point. Home teaching and missionary work. I don't like to do either one.

Oh, Gwen if you read this please make a comment so I can get your blog site again. Same with "little Jen". For those of you who do not know, both of these ladies are from Australia and are a couple of hoots. Schaumi I really enjoyed your blog about your mother. Let's have some more stories. Luce are you behaving yourself?

I have got to remember to write some stories about Huff and Puff.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Bob said...

I just posted the answer to your question about the wall on my blog. Sorry for not doing so sooner.

..................... said...

Ahh, snow. we're supposed to get snow this Thursday I think. Only snow flurries though.
I wonder why your church would want you to speak out on subjects that you do not warm up to? You'd think they'd get somebody who loves to do this stuff. I still think you'd look spiffy in a red hat..

Bob said...

Its funny you should mention huff and puff as I was having thoughts about something similar the other day. I used to have a cow that liked a hug. I hope your bus gets fixed up soon, that seems quite a lot of oil you had to put in it.

Tigersue said...

I am going to have to rememer to teach that song to my little one. We have an apricot tree in our backyard, so yup, I looked out the window and what did I see.....