Friday, January 19, 2007


I just read my friend Alice's blog and the comments she made about the USA. Here I thought the Canadians were our buddies but just like everyone else they blame the USA for their problems. What am I talking about? Welllllllllllll, she made the comment that cold air comes from Alaska,USA so therefore it is our fault everyone is so cold. What nerve. (Just kidding Alice)

By the way, I refer to myself as an Irishman even though I was born and raised in the USA for one reason only... I am proud of my Irish heritage but it will never replace Old Glory and the USA. As John Wayne said, "I am proud to be an American so why in the hell should I have to push 1 for English." Okay enough of this stuff and back to insulting the Canadians, er, I mean blogging.

Cheryl is out to the hot springs doing her arobics. I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind wanting to go to an outdoor pool when the temperature is below zero. I keep telling her she is a crazy old woman but she didn't need to prove it.

Hey Bob thanks for your answer on Scotland. I don't know much about the political climate over there and our papers are prone to not tell the whole story, as are all papers.

Sure will be glad to get back to work. I miss the kids and driving. Next year, if they hire me back, I will have to negotiate this time off thing. All the projects Cheryl has for me to do is driving me crazy..er. I'm even baking bread now. Of course it is in the bread maker and not from scratch. My sister, Rosemary, gave us a bread recipe that is simply delicious.

I'm off to visit your blogs.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Thanks for your visit from Frigid Idaho to Hot and Humid Victoria in Oz. Pity we can't swap a few degrees back and forth. Glad you enjoy the jokes etc on my blog.
Keep well and keep warm, Regards, Merle.

Pamela said...

oh... that cold air just blows through alaska on it's way from siberia.

It's still a russian plot.

Jo said...

Gday, beautiful one day perfect the next... you need to go on a holiday to Australia.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Oh gosh... I LOVE Pamela's explanation re: the cold air. It MUST be coming from Siberia, after all, isn't ice their biggest crop?

:o)

I put a bunch more stuff on my blog since you were there earlier, Tim. Should be enough reading there to keep you out of trouble for awhile :o). I also left you a reply to your comment, as I pretty much always do. I often wonder if people go back to read replies to what they wrote on other people's blogs.

Merle said...

Hi again Tim ~~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend with cancer and oray that she will beat this dreaded disease. Thanks for your visit.
Take care, Merle.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR keep the cold over there. as Little Jen say you need a holiday in australia .