Friday, January 12, 2007


Okay, I am a rotten old man... so sue me.

Not much to say today. Very, very cold here. My daughter called from Provo, UT which is about 3 hrs from here and they are having snow, snow, snow. Crazy weather anyway. Cheryl and I fire up the fireplace each night and just relax to a warm fire.

Just finished watching the X-Men series. It always amazes me that people have such vivid imaginations. I am listening to an audio book called "Fablehaven" which is about mystical creatures, young children and older people trying to tell them to behave or else. Actually it is a very good book and I would love to see it made into a movie.

I must say I get a little envious of you folks who are so creative with your blog sites. I just visited the site of a man in Oregon which was quite neat. I can't start naming sites that I really like cause I would leave someone out and that would not be good but some of you are so creative.

Then there are the sites of the Australian ladies which are full of jokes that make me laugh. I will say that Gwen posted an Irish joke that just couldn't have truly been Irish.:)

Schaumi when are you going to post some more stories about your Mom while she was living in WWII Germany? I found those very interesting.

Pamela mentioned Genealogy, aka Family History, and now I feel quite guilty. I have been very lax in doing my Family History for several years now. I used to be very active in it but got side tracked and out of the groove. Kind of like going to church. If you don't go each Sunday it becomes easier to just stay home and watch FOOTBALL, although I would NEVER do that. I have been doing a lot of indexing from the 1900 Federal Census so it can be put in electronic form for all genealogists to use. I truly enjoy doing that kind of work.

There is one nice thing about calling myself the Ramblin Irishman. I can ramble all I want on my blog and not make a lick of sense but my name has forewarned everyone. Guess I will shut up for now.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Still just me said...

HaHa! That picture could be me on how I feel about turning 41. I still think I am young, but underneath the skin, I am feeling really old. As for the old man? I don't refer to my husband as the Beloved Old Man for nothing.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

That's a good one, you old pervert.

I've dabbled a bit in my family genealogy, but not a lot. One of my cousins is really into that kind of stuff. I do admit I find it interesting, and it's sad that we can't go back very far (for the most part) due to lack of records, or at least availability to them.

Now I'm rambling off.....lol.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim
well if your a dirty old man.what would you call me as I posted that as my Xmas blog. HAHAHA
Take Care keep Rambling.
Aussie Jen

..................... said...

how come there's no mr xmas stud muffin outfit?
huh, huh...?,,

no fair

Pamela said...

yes... where is the He-man outfit???