Wednesday, January 17, 2007


This is my granddaughter Isabelle. Isn't she a cutie?

Welcome Sharon of the United Kingdom. At first I thought it was my sister Sharon writing to me about my blog but then I know she never reads it. My other sister, Aleaha, now she reads them quite frequently so I can never tell any family secrets or stories 'cause she knows better. Anyway it is good to have you visiting my blog.

Another cold day here. I figure we must be living a good life or else hell has frozen. We will be glad to see temperatures above freezing. If you want to read about warm temps then you must visit Merle and Jen's blogs. (I don't know how to hyperlink to them) Where do you folks find all those cute cartoon figures you put on your blogs?

I was thinking about my oldest son, Kip, last night for some reason. At times I feel I was a hard parent on him but I am pleased with the way he has turned out. I took him hunting for antelope one time and got so mad at him that I threw the rifle at him. Sure glad he was a good catch cause I would have been mighty upset damaging my $700 rifle. Yes, it has been rumoured but never proven that I had a slight temper when I was younger.

I feel for you folks over in the United Kingdom, Germany, and other places over there. What do you do for entertainment if you don't have fishing and hunting? I have gotten away from the hunting part of life (no big thrill to kill something) but I do like to fish. I can't stand to eat them as a rule but I do like to catch them. I am what you might call a novice fisherman. Most of the time I don't know what I am doing but I have fun doing it.

Used to be that Cheryl and I would ride snow machines into the mountains and have a blast but now I am so crippled up with arthritis that those days are gone. I also miss being able to saddle up a horse and take a ride into the mountains. As a kid I would take the horse and dog, go up into the canyon and just lay in the meadow, let the horse graze while the dog and I ate a nice lunch. Amazing the animals we would see.

Now I am just an old fart (my daughters words) who lives to tease his wife. She loves it so I keep doing it. (Sure glad she is not able to respond to these comments or you might get a different version of what I am like.) Can I help it if I am so loveable?

Have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

Tigersue said...

Sorry I haven't been around much. When I am on the computer I'm trying to figure out why I'm having trouble with FSI, I haven't been able to connect to do extaction for about 3 weeks now. I have been on with their support and now it looks like I'm going to have to talk to my server to delete another program that seems to interfer with the connection with SLC. GRRRRR.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

You must have multiple versions of Java or you might have Norton anti-virus which causes problems. Tell me what is happening and maybe I can help. I have trained about 20+ indexers and run into all kinds of problems on the computers. Be glad to help if I can.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

P.S. When you call SLC ask for Sister Pearson... she is the best.

Pamela said...

OLd Fart?

sniff sniff sniff

smells like a fresh one, to me!!!

Jeanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanette said...

HI Tim
Lovely photo of your Grandaughter she sure looks adorable.
Old Fart!!HAhaha.
Strawberries all gone they were delicious.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Doesn't old age suck. The "Golden Years", ya right... fools gold maybe. I still have hopes of having horses in my life again. I still have my saddles and tack and the love/dream... now the money...hhhmmm. Since I last rode my back has deteriorated and I've been diagnosed with 2 degenerated discs one of which is herniated, and arthritis in the facet joints of the spine. Not good... but my doctor and chiropractor still want me to keep riding (good therapy). Now if only I had the horse... sigh.