Wednesday, January 03, 2007


Well hopefully we can all get back to a normal routine now. The holidays are over for another year, football is getting close to being over (that is not a good thing), we can start looking forward to spring and the Irishman is still as goofy as always.

How about those Boise (Idaho) State Broncos. How dare they beat the mighty Oklahoma Sooners? I have only watched a couple of games this year, Boise being one of them, but I got so sick of the TV commentators making constant comments about how one team should just pack up and go home cause there is no way they were going to win. (Paraphrasing of course) Not only did they do this with Boise and Oklahoma but the Louisville and Wake Forest game as well. I finally turned the TV to mute just so I could not hear them. I guess it would be something like USA beating Australia in soccor, can't happen, US go home and learn how to play, oops, they won, how did that happen. Okay, Tim, enough already.

Mercy it has been cold here lately. Cold and very dry. Static electricity is a constant problem. I even shocked the cat on his nose this morning. He was not happy.

A word about authors of books. I just finished listening to the audio book by James Patterson called "The Lake House". No it is not the same as the movie starring Sandra Bullock. The book had a good story line but the language, especially near the end, was horrible and completely unnecessary. Quite frankly if I had not wanted to know how it ended I would have shut the tape off and tossed it. Why do authors think they have to use crude and rude language to describe something? They are educated people for crying out loud and should have a much better control of the English language than the common gutter level they use. Cheryl and I have watched movies, seen scenes and heard language that caused us to turn to one another and ask why that had to be in there since it had no relation to the plot.

Schaumi it is a good thing I don't have better access to you. I have been indexing German names for genealogical purposes and sure needed an interpreter for some of them. I did find a web site that helped a little. By the way is there anyone out there in blog land that does genealogy? Let me know.

Alice I will post a picture of my tree as soon as I get my lazy behind to download the pictures from the camera.

Lowa I will post the 6 weird things as soon as I get the time. Naps take priority.

Alice I will check out your tag hopefully today. Again it is the nap thing.

Sure been quiet from Australia. Maybe the US did beat them in soccor.

Aleaha how old are you now? Was Adam and Eve that old? Did you know them personally?

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Lowa said...

I hear you on the language. So much senseless language and violence. You would not like the book my brother wrote that I was telling you about. Every 4th word or so is the "F" word. The main character speaks that way, so...ya know. When he was touring across Canada promoting the book and doing readings and he was in the city my parents lives in, he purposely blipped out the bad words for my mother. I thought that was very sweet and thoughtful! It is weird, because none of us speak that way, but many people do and so I guess my brother wanted it to be realistic.

Your poor cat, it is no fun when all that static is all around. My kids used to look at me so sad and hurt when I would shock them by mistake and they were too young to understand I could not do anything about it.

Yes, I agree about nap time. TRUST ME. Almost took one today, but I guess I will just get to bed at a decent time.

..................... said...

irishman,
are you finding some german ancestry while doing genealogy? i'm not uninterested in genealogy, but really spend no time on it other than some minor internet searches i've conducted in the past.
i don't know how much help i can be, but you could always email me.

Still just me said...

I understand the language as well, although I sometimes myself have a potty mouth. I find it hard finding a good family movie I can sit down and watch with my kids anymore. Even the wording in "family" movies is becoming questionable.

Jo said...

Gday mate, just a quick hello am still away at mum's, I finally got a chance to get on and catch up on a few things.
Take care and will stop by when i get back home.

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim
Just catching up again, I still have Family and friends visiting.
I have just been given the "lake house" was going to watch it when all goes home in a week or two, but now im not sure i want to watch it.I agree were are the good family movies?

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hi Tim :) I know I've been a stranger lately. I haven't been visiting anyone's blogs! I haven't had time to post much on my own either. But, I'm still here and wanted to say hello and I'll try to get around soon.
Dana