Monday, December 11, 2006



A friend sent this picture to me and I found it awesome. Just once I would love to be there in person to see the shuttle take off.

Well, the week ended on a good note, in fact the whole week was good, just busy. Looks like this week will be about the same so I won't be posting too much. However, starting next week I have to take a month off so the school district will not have to consider me a full time employee.

The tournament I mentioned going to had 30 schools wrestling and our school placed 8th which is not bad considering we were going up against some much larger schools. The coming weekend is another tournament in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Should be interesting.

I will admit I am still tired enough to be a little rummy so please forgive me. I have not had a chance to read any other blogs but will catch up next week.

You know I had some stories I was going to tell but right now I can't think of a darned thing. (A sure sign of tiredness).

I cannot believe how I have gotten away from the rat race of city living. All the years in California with it's hustle and bustle I just accepted as part of life. Now that I am living in Downey (one horse town USA) I have really slowed down. As I drove through Salt Lake City with it's bumper to bumper traffic, people all around yet you are still very much alone, the whole scene made me appreciate my small, quiet town, one horse and all.

Coming back Saturday night it was nothing but bumper to bumper all the way and I kept asking myself, "Where are all these people going? Don't they like being at home?"

I am falling asleep while writing this so I am going to go and take a nap. Sorry gang.

Have a nice day.

3 comments:

Still just me said...

It's nice to know you made it back safe and sound.

..................... said...

you have a good rest, irishman.
the older i get, the more i like just staying at home. although, i will never get tired of travelling.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

This fall I went on a day-and-a-half trip with my 83 year young mother. It was fast, but we had a great time. Most of it was spent driving from the Okanagan Valley of BC to the Kootenay region of BC, and of course back, but while there we soaked in a hot springs, and had a look around a couple of small towns. I really loved the one. Friendly people and heritage homes/buildings are the "norm", not the "exception" like they are in most other places I've been. I am actually quite seriously thinking about making a move there in the spring. I am going to go there on my own, likely in April or early May, and make my decision. I spent max. 3 hours there so can't base a big move on that amount of time, but a week or so there should tell me something. I saw a few more than one horse there, and that to me is a plus, and heard it is unusual for 3 cars to be at the stop sign on main street at the same time. Cool.