Sunday, December 24, 2006


Well, if any of you don't get a visit from Santa this year maybe this is why.

Just taking a moment to wish all a very Merry Christmas and I mean that sincerely.

Today is Sunday, the sabbath, and I have to give a talk to the senior citizen center. This has really been a hard one for me to come up with the appropriate subject but I strongly feel I should read the Christmas story from the Bible. I am sure it has been a while since some of them have heard it.

Do I believe the Christmas story? With all my heart and soul. Putting all the kidding aside, all the presents, all the Grinch groaning, I must let everyone know I believe wholeheartedly in Jesus Christ. There are many who claim this is just a fictional story which never really happened. Sorry, but I am not one of them. My life would be so empty without my knowledge of Christ and his mission to the earth. Is He the son of God? Yep, without a doubt.

If he is the son of God then maybe we should find out just what is so important about his life and teachings. I have had some people tell me that if I didn't change some of my habits that I would die. My answer, "What is the problem?" If I die I know what happens to me and, other than being separated from Cherl, I does not bother me. Of course I don't want to be a burden to her if I should become ill.

One doctor told me that I was a walking dead man. I thanked him for his compassion and went on my way. I am living life as well as I can and I enjoy life right now. I have good friends, some of you I have never met but hope to some day maybe.

Got to run. Am singing in the choir today (they love me, hah!!!)

Have a very Merry Christmas and be safe. Will post again on Tuesday or Wednesday.

6 comments:

Bob said...

Thats right Tim, bin the 'Happy Holiday' crap and say Happy Christmas with head held high, if there are those that don't approve then thats their problem not ours. Happy Christmas to y' mate and make sure you have a fun time - ok.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

On my way home from an "after church party" this evening (ummm, errr... this morning) I saw Santa Claus and his reindeer streaking across the sky. He hollered down to me "Ho Ho Ho", so I shot him. No one calls me a Ho and gets away with it. (hahaha)

Have a wonderful, Merry Christmas, Tim and Cheryl and family!!! And the best to you all in the new year.

Same to all that come to read your blog!!!

..................... said...

hope you had a great christmas, irishman..
i do personally believe that God wants us to keep this vessel (our bodies) he has given us fairly healthy to the best of our abilities..(and i often lack on that front..sigh)

Bob said...

Ha ha that was funny imma, glad he visited the UK first!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

UKBob... I hope the old guy brought you good stuff before I shot him. Not to worry though. I just winged him, and he'll be all healed up well before next Christmas. (heehee).

Gwen said...

Hi Tim...
Just popped in to say hello,and to make sure that you servived Christmas. Now for the "NEW YEAR"
I'm not promising anything.
Stay Well