Tuesday, December 19, 2006


Oh man, now Santa won't come to my house. Must have happened in Australia.

I finally put a counter on my blog and am surprised at the hits it gets. Sure wish I knew who all was reading my dribble but am grateful for your visit.

I was thinking about different athletics and how to compare them to the animal world. Why was I thinking this??? I don't know it is just how my mind works. Take basketball players for example. Tall, graceful and a little on the deceiving side. They look awkward until they get into action and then it is something else. I compare them to a giraffe.

Volleyball players are like a bunch of monkeys. So much activity going on and it all serves a purpose.

Wrestlers are the ones that got me thinking in these terms. Wrestlers are like orangutans, and I hope I spelled that right. You ever watch a wrestler. They walk around with their arms hanging down, slightly bent at the waist, shuffling not walking and they ooze grunting and groaning.

I have decided that wrestlers are young men who have not decided their gender preference. They enjoy grappling and groping other young men until they find out that , hey, girls are more fun to do this with. Me, I was never a wrestler. We Irish may have our faults but knowing who is more fun to wrestle with is not one of them. Drinking, well that is another problem. Not my problem but a general Irish problem.

I just read where the Christmas tree tradition started in Germany. What a great thing for the Germans to produce. I love looking at our Christmas tree with its lights glowing. Now if Mrs. Claus would place some presents under the tree with Mr. Claus' name on them it would be much better.

Won't be posting a blog tomorrow. My sweetheart goes in for knee surgery and needs all the TLC I can give. I sure hope I can get back in time for the ball game. A one legged woman should still be able to fix a meal don't you think?

It is cold here. I would be willing to bet it was close to zero last night if not colder. Lazy Cheryl would not keep the fire going and she refuses to let me start the furnace. Thank goodness the cat is warm and is snuggled in against me. Women, I tell you if it weren't for sex I would hate them. Oops, I meant if it weren'f for their good cooking since the other doesn't matter anymore. (Liar)

Enough for today. Breakfast is waiting.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Bob said...

Ha ha - do you have a death wish or something?!! I do agree about the cooking bit, actually I could probably agree about a lot more but I'm keeping my mouth shut. I hope the mrs goes on okay and she doesn't suffer too much. I'd hate to see you starve over Christmas LOL! Anyway y'all take care.

Kate Olson said...

I am not going to comment on the last part because I know the truth about all that. heheheh You are such a good husband taking such good care her. I bet you are going to be even MORE awesome after she gets home. You can cook, clean, and wait on her hand and foot. I just know that is what you are going to do to show your love and affection for her. Huh, DADDY???

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

1- I love the plane pic... I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Claus paid a handsome fee to that pilot. LOL.

2- I like your "athlete to animal analogy". It seems to fit well.

3- I'll take a page from Kate's book and not comment on the end of your post. Tonight I am acting like a lady (snicker)

4- Give my best wishes to Cheryl for an easy surgery and a speedy recovery.

5- It would be much easier for me if you posted more often in smaller posts... my poor wee mind can't remember all the stuff to comment on... sigh.

..................... said...

irishman,
i hope that surgery went well for your cheryl. and i know you'll take good care of her.
why would mrs clause leave presents for with mr claus' name under the tree? don't YOU want anything?
i'm supposed to be cooking as a woman? i figured the other part was enough..

Jeanette said...

Gday Tim
Only in Ausralia hahahaha.
Looks like you might be cooking the Christmas Dinner.
A very Merry Christmas To you and Your family.

Malnurtured Snay said...

THAT'S AN AWESOME PICTURE! Love it!