Wednesday, December 13, 2006


Now this picture is me on Christmas morning although I am not outside in the snow. I will be inside assuming the same position.

Got home about 1:00am and woke up at my usual 6:00am. Been visiting with Cheryl and teasing her as usual but she still loves me. My trip was a good one althought the storm caused some concern. Mostly it was the wind. When I get a crosswind hitting the bus it moves it around quite smartly at times.

I wanted to do this Christmas meme that I saw on Claire's Garden. What the heck is a "meme"? I never heard this word (or saw it) until I started blogging. Anyway here is my Christmas meme.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both. I love egg nog but I also love hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps them just to irritate me. He knows of my impatience.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Combination of both although I prefer colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, but a fat lot of good it does me. When an attractive lady comes to my house I pucker up but she thinks I am kidding.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Generally the first week of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmmmm, tough one. I like ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and white gravy, hot rolls, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, oh, and an occasional hot dog. Yup, all this is my favorite holiday dish.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Mercy that is a tough one. I do remember getting some Maine style snowshoes that I truly enjoyed.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? Is there something wrong with Santa? I guess I don't understand the question cause he still visits me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, never.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I hang the lights and Cheryl puts on the ornaments. I have no patience for the ornament hanging. I sit in the chair and direct her when she does it wrong.:)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Christmas snow... love it. Driving snow... hate it.

12. Do you ice skate? Never have.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oops, I think I answered that in question 8 although Cheryl has surprised me with some very nice gifts over the years.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I should say family, love, and all that but in actuality it is the lights. I love going around and viewing the lights. It is also the time to reflect on the birth of my Savior although I don't need a special time to do that.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmmmmm again. Cheryl's homemade chocolate fudge. I also love fruitcake. I guess it takes one to appreciate one.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting something in the tree for Cheryl and watching her try to find it on Christmas morning.

17. What tops your tree? It used to be what we called our "drunken angel". That stupid thing never could set straight. Now we have a star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Wellllllllllllll, I guess the correct answer would be giving so I will go with that. I do enjoy finding items that I know others will truly enjoy and seeing the happiness it brings them.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Good grief there are so many. Rockin Around The Christmas Tree, Have A Holly Jolly Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Are My Two Front Teeth. (In my case a new set of dentures). What Child Is This.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck to just eat them. Yum to put them in hot chocolate and get the minty taste.

So there you have the Grinch's Christmas meme. All you Who's in Whooville better watch out cause my night is coming. heh, heh, heh. Come on Max, we got work to do.

How about some of you doing this Christmas meme so I can find out more about you?

Have a nice day everyone.

9 comments:

..................... said...

ahha! the truth comes out. you are not so grinchy after all.

Kate Olson said...

You want my Christmas meme you gotta visit my blog.

I LOVE YOU DADDY!!!!!!!!

clairesgarden said...

thanks for joining in the 'meme', have to admit I didn't know that word either!

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Way to go... good answers. You can read mine if you go to my blog. http://iwasborn2cree8.blogspot.com See you there.

Bob said...

I don't know what meme stands for either. I will have a go at Claires meme later though so pop over and have a cuppa and lets see what you make of it.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tim
Iwouldnt like to wake in the morning and see those polar bears looking at me they might think im there breakfast. but i might look a bit like the one laying down after ive eaten Christmas lunch.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I want to make a comment about you getting that big furry butt of yours out of the snowbank and giving us a new post to read.... but seeing as you told us you'd be busy this week with not much time for blogging, I guess I won't make such a comment. :o)

Anyway, I put in a link from my blog to yours so I can come read often, and so others can too. Hope your week is going great!!!

..................... said...

okay, irishman, i've written my answer to your christmas meme. so, you are gonna have to come over sometime before the spring thaw and read it..

Tigersue said...

I did the chritmas Meme also. A meme is basically something to put in your blog like this. Don't ask me where the word comes from.