Thursday, October 18, 2007


As the caption to this picture said, "Archaeologists have discovered the remains of the first politician." Oh how true.

This will be my last blog for a few days since I have several bus runs lined up and, yes, I WILL remember them this time. I want to thank those who sent me helpful hints on how to help my memory; now if I can just remember where I saw them. Hmmm.

I had a silly question go through my head this morning. (Which demonstrates why my head is considered a vacant space.) Where did the number 13 gain it's notoriety as being unlucky? Did it come from the hangman's noose? A hangman's noose was tied with 13 wraps in the knot and in some areas it is still illegal to tie a knot with 13 wraps. I wonder what happened to the person who was hung with only 12 wraps? Maybe they were considered not quite so bad as to deserve the 13 wraps. Hmmmm, again.

I am sure most of you have seen the pictures of the wedding gowns made out of toilet paper. Quite innovative if I do say so and talk about being useful... you can get married and have a years supply of toilet paper at the same time.... Of course if you have a grandson like I have a toilet paper gown would come in handy when an emergency occurs and there is not paper around. Hmmmmm.

I was thinking about Foams picture of the skeleton in the bathroom. A lot of people call a bathroom a closet. Is that possibly where the saying came from, "She has skeletons in her closet." Maybe it is a German thing; they do strange things, or so I have been told. I think they learned it from the Canadians. I guess from now on when I hear the statement, "They have a skeleton in their closet", I will know that they have a skeleton in their bathroom.

Well I am sitting here listening to Bobby Goldsboro singing about "Honey" and the tears are blurring my vision so I had better wrap this up. Where is that toilet paper gown when you need it?

I mentioned in my last blog that my niece from Oregon has a blog. Now this niece is an interesting person. She is a professional harpist which is extremely neat in it's own right, but she is also a boxer; you know like the Million Dollar Baby. Now how does a harpist become a boxer? The only other one who did that as far as I can recall was Harpo Marx. Now there is a role model to follow. (Just kidding)

Have a nice day everyone.

7 comments:

..................... said...

a niece that's a harper and a boxer? wow, i'm impessed. i wish she could teach me some boxing skills ...
i have a tall hot airbag at home that i could be punching on ..;)

foam

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

that picture is cool!!!

Jeralee said...

WOOHOO! I am famous! I made mention in your blog. If you go to my list of favorite things on my sidebar of my blog - it has links to the history behind the harp and boxing.

You totally make me laugh. Love your sense of humor.

Avry said...

I think you just gave Jeralee a new nick name.. Harpo Marx huh?? too funny!

Pamela said...

you would think that boxing might injure the harpists fingers.

Still just me said...

Maybe I should have had that dress for my first marriage. It would have come in handy for cleaning up the divorce mess that followed.

Alice (in BC Canada) said...

That picture reminds me of some people I've known. I think they were Irish. hahaha. (Dang it's good to be a Canadian).

.
















































.....................................