Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Well another day has dawned and I am just as dull as the previous day. Our lovely weather which was to bring much moisture has failed again to produce. The wind blew, the clouds grew dark and ominous but the rain and snow did not fall in our section of the country.

How about those Denver Broncos????? Are they a pathetic team this year or what. I will admit I don't watch football like I used to. I think it is because I get tired of hearing those overpaid, whiney babies who are playing tell now mistreated they are. The of course there are the Michael Vick's of the sport. Getting paid lots of big bucks and seem to think they are above the law. Maybe they will throw him and O.J. Simpson in the same cell so they can think about the glory days.

I think I will send my oldest son, Kip, a "howler" letter. Of course unless you have read Harry Potter you would not understand what a howler is. He has promised me a camera book (which he had) for a long time now and still no book. Darla or Kay if you read this you may call him and give a "howler" phone call. 398-1093.

Went to the Red Lobster yesterday and piiigggggeeeeddd out. We ate so much shrimp scampi that neither one of us wanted to be in the same room with the other. Whoooee that garlic does strange things to a person. We had a good time though.

Today I will be takng the volleyball team to Burley, ID for a match. They are not doing so well this year. Maybe it is because they have a new coach and are adapting to her methods. Anyway I will enjoy the trip since I do enjoy watching volleyball. Now soccor, that is another story. That is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Read LOWA's blog yesterday about her son and his hockey playing. I must admit I miss going to Bakersfield's hockey games. I didn't understand too much of it but it sure was fun to watch and be with the crowd.

This weekend starts the hunting season around here and everyone is all excited about going out and killing Bambi or a large elk. Since my hunting rifles all got stolen in California I have not had any interest in that sort of thing. I enjoy shooting them with a camera now.

Hopefully this time next week I will be a bonafide General Class Ham Radio Operator. My test is scheduled for next Monday. Why am I doing this? I don't know... just something to keep my mind active I guess. I have even thought about getting a book on ventriloquism to see if I could do it. I try to keep my mind active in some sort of way.

Enough ramblin for this day. Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I think its great you are doing the radio thing. And I think it is important to keep active!!! Why not try anything you want to??

Sorry I haven't visited in forever.

Take care!

darkfoam said...

i suppose you are donig the radio thing because it's fun? you might try ventriloquism because it's fun? why not have fun while keeping the mind active? sooooooo, who would your dummy look like?

Pamela said...

in case of a terrorist attack on our communication system, a ham radio will be the saving grace.

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Dana don't worry about not visiting, I have not been blogging for quite some time as well.
Foam, my dummy would be a short, petite, nice looking German lady who teaches art in the local schools.
Pam, I agree about the attacks. It also is great in case of emergencies like the one you folks had in Washington last year.

darkfoam said...

oh, a dummy like that would be interesting esp. since it would have a mind of it's own and give you a good kick in the shin with her petite wooden leg ...
lol.
good comeback.