Wednesday, October 17, 2007


Now you have to give someone in the department of highways credit for a sense of humor. They should have more signs like this for construction sites.

I was going to post a picture of myself with the caption, "What an idiot looks like", but I couldn't find a picture. I am not one to have many photos taken of myself since the years have not been kind to me. I don't see how all you ladies stay looking so beautiful all the time while men, on the other hand, seem tooooooo...... well let's just say you are much better looking.

Why would I post such a caption? Well, the story behind that is I AM AN IDIOT!!! I had a scheduled bus run yesterday and I completely forgot it. I thought it was for today. My boss tried to call me but when the phone rang I passed it off as another telemarketer and wouldn't answer it. He then tried to call on the cell phone and I didn't recognize the number so I thought it was a wrong number and refused to answer it. Needless to say that when he did catch up with me he thought I had been in an accident or whatever. When I told him,"No, I was just setting in front of the computer," he sounded a little exasperated. Anyone got any good ideas about how to improve memories?

It is cold and rainy here today and I love it. Two things I like very well are wind storms and rainy days, as long as I don't have to be out in it. I snuggle up to my old computer, a good book, or favorite movie, pop some popcorn, grab a cold Pepsi and settle in.

Surprise, surprise, surprise my niece Jeralee, who lives in Oregon, sent me her blogging address. Cheryl and I hardly ever hear from or about her unless her Mother stops by for an occasional visit. When those visits do occur you can be sure that every child in the two families is discussed thoroughly, so much so that their ears should be well done.

I have been looking for a used laptop that I could acquire and take with me on the bus for two reasons; one, so I can do my indexing while waiting, waiting, waiting, and two, so I can watch movies on a larger screen while waiting, waiting, waiting. The little 7 inch screen is okay but very little. So if anyone knows of a good used laptop (cheap) let me know.

A couple of blogs ago I mentioned that I would like to learn ventriloquism. (I don't know how I can learn it when I can hardly spell it.) Foam asked me what kind of dummy would I use and in my mind I came up with three. G I Joe, Gordy the biker, and Pam the Grandma. I could have a lot of fun with those.

Time to quit and get to doing some indexing. Oh before I forget I have to say Happy Birthday to an old (ooooolllllldddddd) friend in California; Kay Keith. Happy Birthday old timer. Cheryl might call but don't count on it. She forgets things worse than I do. She keeps asking me who I am and where is her husband.

Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Jeralee said...

that's pretty funny. As to ideas for memory issues - hmm... couldn't help you out there. I totally spaced parent/teacher conference last week. I blame it on the kids, they suck all of the brain cells out.

Rainy days... we have plenty of those here. I like your idea of a movie and a Pepsi.. or two... or three... or twelve.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hey Tim. I have an idea for you on remembering stuff. Do you use Outlook for your emails? If you do, it has a "reminder" function for appointments. Just go to the "Calendar" section and to the date and time you want to enter something and double click on the time. An entry blank will come up - type in what your "thing to remember is" whether it be "need to leave for the bus route" or "doctor's appt" or whatever..and then a reminder will pop up (if you are in outlook..you can just leave it up on your computer) and an audible will even play if you set it that way...reminding you you have an appt....you can set reminders 15 minutes before or 30 minutes before, etc. I use it all the time cause my mind isn't what it used to be. I do that plus I write post it notes all over the place!!! Hope that helps.

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Nice to see you back and I loved the Traffic sign. I bet a lot who actually saw it were not as impressed. Can't help with the memory thing, but one way would be ANSWER the B phone !!
Glad you enjoy the jokes and I try to mention all races and religions not just the Irish. Even if I put an anti man joke, I try to also post an anti woman joke. Take care, Regards, Merle.

Sofiana said...

I can't tell you what to do to improve memory. If you figure it out let me know? If you remember. :)

Avry said...

Hi uncle Tim! I saw your blog from Jeralee's & decided to come check it out. Man I have a lot of catching up to do! Hmm Salt Lake needs more traffic signs like that. I got a good laugh out of it. Oh and welcome to the Pepsi club! (it is an addiction of both Jeralee's & mine)