Monday, October 01, 2007

Well shoot, I haven't been on the computer long enough to get some pictures to post so I guess I will just do my "ramblin".

Took a load of high school kids to a cross country track meet last Saturday and it was very miserable. It started snowing a very wet snow when we arrived and never quit until we had finished. Those poor kids were so wet and miserable. One girl asked why I didn't come and cheer for her while she was running. I told her that I just looked out the window of the bus (where the heater was running) and said, "You're on your own sister."

The next day the weather jumped up 26 degrees, according to the weather station, but today it is a lowering sky, very windy and more precipitation on the way. Bring it on!!! Things are so dry around here that fire danger is still posted in the extremes.

What this is is great flu weather. If Cheryl gets the flu she has to sleep outside in the tent so I won't get the flu.

We have no good fish and seafood resteraunts around this area so tonight Cheryl and I are splurging and going to the Red Lobster for all you can eat shrimp. Yum, yum, yum. I love shrimp. How I would love to tie into a plate of those king sized shrimp and eat my heart out.

Finished picking the pears off our pear tree today, dug up the beets which were a sore disappointment and got three scraggly carrots. If it wasn't for our tomatoes and squash our garden would have been a hugh disaster. However, our tomatoes are so delicious and firm, the squash multiplied like rabbits and the canteloupe produced some delicious fruit.

My back is doing very well. It talks to me when I overdo and when it talks..., I listen. I was climbing a ladder last week to fix a fan and by the time I finished I was hurting pretty good. Big sissy.

Mercy I have to get back to doing my genealogy. I was so involved with it for the longest time and now I just don't even look at it. I wonder why that is?

Sure wish I knew who got booted of Dancing With The Stars last week. They have some very interesting "celeb's" this time.

Okay I have rambled enough for today.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

Still just me said...

I don't blame you one bit for staying in the bus where the heater is. I hate being cold.

Pamela said...

dancing


you are welcome

Jeralee said...

You should have just old that girl that you were with her in spirit. I don't know that I would have gotten out of the bus either.

I'm also watching Dancing with the Stars. I am a Floyd Mayweather fan, so I am watching to see how he does.