Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas is gone for another year.

Well, Christmas has come and gone and now there are nothing but memories and a few objects to play with. My wife gave me the neatest gift and it was homemade. It was a card describing and leading up to my gift (which was a gift certificate to Cabelas). The gift certificate was great but the way she did it was the icing on the cake. We have a picture in our home of one old goat and one cute chick and she used that theme to lead me up to the gift. It was hilarious.

My son, Michael shocked us all. He handmade a cribbage board shaped like a rainbow trout. Now the part that is shocking is that Michael has never made something like that in his life. He did a great job. My other presents all consisted of fishing tools, supplies and even money to buy next years license. Can't get much better than that.

Cheryl got a lot of Red Hat Society items. Okay, enough about Cheryl and back to ME.

It was a good Christmas. We spent most of the day at the jail presenting a Christmas message to those who are serving time. They all seemed to really appreciate it. Many made the comment that they did not expect anyone to come and see them. Made us feel real good.

Tomorrow Cheryl goes to the hospital for an colonoscopy and an endoscopy. She is not the happiest woman right at this moment. I keep telling her that they will do both procedures at the same time and meet in the middle so they can wave to each other. She is understandably nervous especially about swallowing the tube down her throat. She chokes up on a pill.

Guess that is about all for now. Playoffs are about here. GO BRONCOS

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Goodness, I wish they would put Cheryl under for the endoscopy. My 13 year old had one a few months ago and being young and VERY nervous, they put him under. I am sure the other thing won't be any more fun. I am sure she will do fine, but I will be praying for her!

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I am sure going to the jail felt great, for sure. What a great idea!

Must get to bed. Typing this from my parents' in Saskatoon. Thanks for the holiday wishes, that was sweet. I won't blog until we get back to the states.

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog. I'll bookmark you and check back every now and then. Hope you had a Merry Christmas (and the jail thing was neat....)

Sunshine (Dana)