Saturday, December 17, 2005

You Can Never Be Too Careful



This picture is my grandson Brandon being a little smart butt. He is imitating his grandpa's belly. Personally I don't see the resemblance and I think I will thump him for it. He is a character.

About never being too careful. It is amazing who actually reads these blogs and I like the communication going back and forth and, hopefully, the new friends made. Yesterday I got a comment from a lady name Holly who lives in Ashtabula, Ohio. Now what is nice about this is that Holly is our niece that we have not heard from or about for a long, long time. It was great to not only hear from her but when I referenced her blog there was a nice picture of her and her boy friend.

Here I was about to say something about my in-laws and now I can't because they found me. :)

Holly's mother is my wife's sister and oh what a pain in the south end. They live in South Carolina and if there was ever a redneck it is Janet. She evens talks with that drawl and I know she came from Ohio where the drawl did not exist. Hi Janet.

Reminds me of a time that we lived in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Now there is a place that God took his wrath out on. I know that when the creation was just about finished God looked at what was left, just wadded it up, threw it at the earth and there was the beginning of Rock Springs. There are places around that town that are so ugly even the devil would reject them.

Anyway, we moved there to work in the oil fields and at the time I didn't think I knew anyone. Who should be living right across the street from us but my cousin. We really hadn't had much to do with them in the past but Cheryl and she became very good friends and we had a lot of fun together.

I am truly rambling today. Need to take a couple of days off and collect my thoughts. Had a light dusting of snow last night which hurt the attitude of getting out and doing something useful. Lucky for me there are three NFL games on today and one of them is the BRONCOS.

Have a nice day everyone and be safe.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

That is hilarious!

I really enjoy your blog.

Have fun watching your games, even though football is the WORST sport in the world:) I am sure I am playing with fire here, but come on! Seriously.

FOOTBALL!?!? What about baseball or basketball?? Those are MY favs.

*wincing* Don't hurt me:)

Amber said...

Broncos scmroncos! Can't you pick a better team to follow?

Amy said...

Tim,
Lovely to have found your blog... I've enjoyed reading.

Amy

Holly said...

Forget ya'll the big game is this Christmas Eve. "GO STEELERS!!!"

replying to Laura baseball is ok too I like the Yankees too!

The only basketball games i watch is if my kids are in them. lol