Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Man's New Society Group

Have you ever noticed how many women's groups there are? The latest fad for my wife is the Red Hat Society. I have questioned her as to what exactly they do and what are they trying to accomplish but she does not know. "We are just having fun!" is the answer I get back. Just having fun huh. Anytime a group of women get together "just to have fun" it means that we men are going to be the subject of the day and it won't be good. Women!! I keep telling my wife that if it weren't for sex I would hate women. She doesn't seem to see the humor in that statement. As I have grown older I have changed it from sex to, "If it weren't for her good cooking I would hate women." She still doesn't see the humor I am trying to bring into her life.

Here is my suggestion for men. I propose that we start the "Lazy Butt Society" and it is for men only. There will be no goals, no club meetings, no dues however we can have T-shirts made up that advertise our group. This group would comprise men who want to do nothing. Even to get a soda or other drink we would have a women to bring it to us. We would set around and discuss all the problems in the world and how someone else should take care of them. Of course there would be the usual banter about football, baseball, basketball, hunting and last, but certainly not least, fishing. Now I honestly ask, could there be a better society to be a member of?

No comments: