Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Son Michael

Well I was going to post a picture of Michael and his family but blogger is not responding to pictures today.

Michael is my third son and fourth child. He was born June 28 and right off the bat we could tell there was something about this kid that we had to worry about. I think it is all in the name we gave him. According to a name thingy we found Michael means "Like Unto The Lord." Hmmmm. Somehow that part might have been missed so far. Now don't get me wrong 'cause he is a good kid and person. Hard working, good looking and full of mischieviousness. He is always calling home and disguising his voice and pulling pranks on us.

We have pictures of him involved in sports around the town where we lived. Not high school sports but city stuff. He has always been our daredevil. Jumping off high bridges into water below, bungy jumping, motorcycle riding like a knothead and tearing up poor old Dad's car. I am still finding out some of the tricks that kid pulled while in high school. He is now 33 years old and a manager for one of the FedEx terminals.

I always referred to him as my miracle child. He would be so mischievious that I would constantly threaten him on a daily basis saying, "Mike, if you don't stop doing what you are doing it will be a miracle if you live to see tomorrow!" I got so mad at him one day for his antics that I started chasing him so I could give him a good thumping. Didn't work. The little brat outran me.

We went to the zoo one time and my wife and I started laughing at the noise we kept hearing. From different parts of the zoo we would hear, "Michael stop that! Michael get out of that! Michael I am going to beat you if you don't quit." No, it was not our Michael, it was other parents getting after their Michaels. I am telling you there is something in the name.

Life has not been easy for him. He found out that leading the life of a playboy was hard on family life and spiritual life. He has now returned to his upbringing (I think) and is doing so much better. We love him as we do all our children, good or bad. A lot of prayer and meditation has gone into hoping things would turn to the better. Now he is back with his lovely family, has a beautiful wife, (Lord Brandie, did I just say that?) and likes living in New Mexico.

Tomorrow I will talk about another of my children. I have already mentioned Katherine, my old Huff and Puff daughter. (Hee, hee) She hates that. What can I say. Love your children even when it looks bad. Working at the prison I see so many young men and women who feel they are lost to their families and I often wonder if that really is true.

No comments: