Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Wife is a Corker

I have been looking for the right picture to show of my wife but I can't seem to find it right now so will try another time.

I just don't understand women. Now this sounds normal coming from a man for what man really understands women? Take my wife for example. She just does not appreciate what I do for her; let me explain.

I love to sing. I am always going around singing about this or that. Being Irish I like to make up songs and have them apply to whatever situation I am in. When I was driving we were going up some very steep hills and all of us lost traction and had to be pulled up the hill by a cat. My mind was constantly singing, "What goes up must come down." It was as scary going down as it was going up. Some of those hills required a cat being attached to the back of our trailer and letting us down slowly.

I love my wife so much that I like to sing to her and try to make her feel good. For some reason she just does not see the same thing I do. For example here is a song I used to sing all the time.
"Cheryl my darling I love you. I love you with all my heart. Tomorrow we might have been married but you went and let a fart." Now what is wrong with that song. She just did not appreciate it.

Then there is the song, "Mother dear I love you so. Your happy smiling face. It's such a joy to look at, you make home.... aaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a scary sight." Again she has no humor in her bones. She did not like that one either.

Then there is, "I dream of Cheryl with the dark brown, or blonde, or grey, or whatever color of hair." No humor.

I keep telling her that she is one of the luckiest women in the world. How many women can truthfully get up each day and say their husband sang to them? She ought to be honored to be one of the lucky ones.

One of my all time favorites is, "Down in the valley, the valley so low. Hang you head over, Cheryl is going to blow."

Well got to go to a church function. We are having a Christmas brunch this year and I really don't know what a Christmas brunch really is. Last year we had a nice dinner and a talent show. Yes, I got up and sang but not the songs for Cheryl.

I truly do love my wife and she should be exalted for having put up with me for 40 years now.

No comments: