Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Favorite Girlfriend

This is a picture of my favorite girlfriend. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and I remind her that life would be boring without me. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary this coming January 3 and I can not think of anything in our lives I would change.

I have this friend, Amber in Colorado, the one who was abducted by aliens, whom I would say send us a present but................... the last time she did that she sent me a moose turd from Alaska. Those aliens must have really did a number on her. I have a picture of them somewhere but can't find it right now.

Well most of the Christmas shopping is done, the cards have been sent and now it gets down to the best part of Christmas; the goodies. Cheryl makes great fudge candy, even better cookies and throws in a little egg nog (non-alcoholic) for good measure. We like to watch Christmas movies and snuggle down with each other on the couch. Sometimes we unplug the telephone just so we can enjoy an evening by ourselves with no other interruptions.

If I can remember I will start telling the story of Kip, my oldest son. Believe me that kid has had more things happen to him than most would want in eternity.

I guess today is nothing but ramblings so will close and go start the car for Cheryl. It is about 2 degrees outside with a slight dusting of snow last night.

4 comments:

Lara said...

You two look so cute together!

:-)

Lowa said...

I have been frantically searching for your blog, I lost it for a week or so there. Then I saw you responded on Lara's and I hope to not misplace it again.

I am in tears now, hearing about your sweet boy Patrick. What a wonderful Irish name!

I will send my Dad your blog address and perhaps it can help he AND my mother find peace. He is feeling alright, but my mother is really struggling. My Dad knows where my baby brother is and feels peaceful. My mother has not found that peace yet. One thing that is hard for them is my brother died by himself, they were not with him.

Thank you so much for putting a picture of yourself and your wife on here. I can now place a name and great writing with a face:)

If you don't mind letting me know, how old was PW when he died??

Michelle Miles said...

Aw! Ya'll are SO CUTE! :)

Lowa said...

Yes, SO CUTE!

Two and a half eh?? WOW. Every parent's worst nightmare. Sounds like he was my age, I was 2 in 1971.

My brother's casket was blue also. But we picked it out. That is SO NEAT about the vision you had. God is truly amazing!