Monday, April 17, 2006

Did You Have A Nice Easter?

I hope everyone had a very nice Easter. On Saturday we hid about 48 eggs throughout the yard and our two grandsons had a blast running all over the place finding them. I think Grandpa had a good time watching them also. Grandma cooked up a great meal of mashed potatoes, ham, deviled eggs, white gravy, frog eye salad and then finished the meal with peach cobbler. Mmmm, mmmm, mmm. Now you know why I am considered a fat man.

Yesterday at church Cheryl and I sang in the choir and it was a lovely Easter program. I really don't need Easter to remind me of my Savior and all He has done for me. One of our lessons yesterday was about the death and resurrection of everyone. I must admit I am glad I have the knowledge and faith that I do or I would be a miserable person. When our little boy died if I did not have the gospel of Jesus Christ to buoy me up I could have become very onery. As it was I understood God's plan and accepted it quite readily. With our grandson dieing this past week it brought the same thoughts to mind again. His parent's called with questions about life after death and what to expect and there is some intrepidation on their part. They have a hard time understanding that this life is not the end of existence as we know it.

Don't mean to get so preachy but death is something all of us face and it sure helps to know what to expect. I keep telling people that if Jesus Christ is so important to the world then we all had better do our best to find out what it is He wants. If it is all true then we had better do something about obeying Him.

Woke up this morning to 5 inches of new snow. It made me so happy. NOT!!! We got the yard raked and cleaned and were planning on planting strawberries this morning. I guess that will not happen. Cheryl is home today which is great. This is her last day of spring vacation and then it is back to school tomorrow. I will be glad when school is out and she is home all the time.

Still bleeding quite a bit. I see the doctor on Wednesday and maybe will get some answers as to why. I think it is all that sweetness trying to get out of me.

Have you ever watched the movie "Simon Birch"? We watched it on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. Of course Ashley Judd made it worthwhile. Yummmm, yummmm. Then we watched the movie "Powder". A little too much cussing for me but still a good movie overall. I keep hearing that the movie "Narnia" is good; anyone care to comment?

Enough ramblin' for this day. The downside of having Cheryl home is all the chores she seems to come up with. The woman doesn't fully realize I am a delicate person and a poor old crippled man. Have a nice day.

3 comments:

Fried Lemon Pie said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely Easter. Narnia is a great movie...at least I thought so.
I also watched "Good Night, and Good Luck" recently and enjoyed it.

..................... said...

Ah, I'm so sorry about your grandson, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed Easter with your family. It's gotten into the 80's here again....really too hot, too soon. Luckily it has cooled off again....into the low 70's.

Unknown said...

I recently saw the film "Simon Birch". It was so funny and sad. I could watch that film again having seen it for the first time this week. If you have anything you want to say back, please drop me an e-mail:

thorpe89@gmail.com