Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Wife Is No Longer With Me


Oh, tiz a sad day here in the Delaney household. I have received telephone calls expressing sympathy for the passing of my beloved Cheryl. My daughter in Paradise, UT has been receiving like calls and just does not know what to say. It was a shock to all of us. One day here and the next day saying hello to St. Peter at the pearly gates or maybe it was the other guy at the hot gates. I appreciate the Herald Journal of Logan, UT for bringing all of this to our attention since we did not know it had even happened. Here is what they posted.

The story goes like this. Cheryl has always believed that pigs could fly. The other day as she went out to watch them fly overhead one of the little devils flew down and attacked her and it was horrible. The doctors did what they could to save her but to no avail. I will miss her but the insurance money will pay for a new boat. Each time I cast I will say, "Thank you Ma."

In reality it was a bit of a shock to have people call and ask about Cheryl. It is odd that they would or could not see past the name and not read the rest of the death notice. They might have saved themselves some embarrassment. Even the people at her school were debating if they should bring someone new in for the day since she would not be there.

I have decided, and this is no reflection on all you lovely wives out there, that my wife is the best. How many husbands have a wife that would tell him to stop doing so much yard work and go fishing. Now I know a lot of men who would love to have a wife like that but I lucked out and got her. Man oh man I am one blessed person.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

You scared me!!! Sheesh!!

Well, they sure will be glad to see her at school then, won't they??

At least you know people care:)

The Ramblin Irishman said...

You think you were scared. I thought I was truly living with an angel that morning. hee, hee.

fishondude said...

You got me. That was not a nice trick. And that's all I have to say about that.

Fried Lemon Pie said...

You scared the crap outta me when I first started to read this post!!!

NOT NICE!...But, I'll forgive you.