Tuesday, April 25, 2006



It is hard for me to believe today is the 25th of April. Where has the month gone? I guess time flies when you are having fun.

Nothing exciting happening in Cheryl's or my life. We are just a couple of boring old people. We did take a little drive on Saturday to check out a new fishing hole and to check out a new campsite. Oh boy the fishing fever has caught me. Now if it would stop raining and snowing for a few days I would be even happier.

Have any of you seen the movie "Broke Back Mountain"? Maybe I have made comments on this movie in the past and if I have I apologize for being repetitive. "Broke Back Mountain" about a couple of gay cowboys in Wyoming. Having lived in Wyoming for a time, and when I was not living there I was right on the border for a long time, so I feel I might have a good insight on what is correct and what is not. First, there is no such thing as a sheepherding "cowboy". You are either a cowboy or a sheepherder. Second, everyone knows in Wyoming that men are men and sheep are nervous.

I was reading in the Old Testament about the plagues Moses called down on the Egyptians. Now if you want to talk about someone who was dense in the head it had to be Pharoah. I mean if I had frogs, flies, lice, bloody water and few other things done to me I think I would have gotten the message and I would have had the Israelites out on their ears. Just thinking of frogs, flies and lice gives me the heeby geebys.

I remember the time that my in laws came to visit us in California and with them they brought a lovely item called "scabies". Oh what a time we had itching and itching and itching. We all looked like baseball players a grabbin' and scratchin'. We sure breathed a sigh of relief when a doctor finally diagnosed what the problem was. Maybe that is what the baseball world has.

Do you miss football as much as I? We have the BORING basketball playoffs, the BORING hockey playoffs and last but not least the BORING weekend of NASCAR racing. Why oh why can't football be a year round sport. (Just kidding my Canadian friends and my NASCAR friends) I got to attend a professional basketball game in Utah once. The first two quarters were as boring as NASCAR but the third quarter kind of got me stirring. The fourth quarter found me on my feet yelling and screaming with the best of them.

As a kid I loved baseball and lived for every minute I could play. But to watch it on tv today I just cannot do. First the announcers need to learn to shut up once in a while. Why can't we have the good old days of Dizzy Dean? Second, the cameras need to show less crotch grabbing and nose picking. (Oh boy I am in a mood today) Third, we don't need to see the 10,000 replays of the hit the batter got. Let's see the good looking lady in the third row more often or something.

I guess I need to start taking notes of what I think about during the day. Sometimes I actually have funny episodes I want to tell about but forget whent the time comes.

Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

..................... said...

Maybe the scabbies was a message you should telling you to toss your in-laws out on their ears..:)

..................... said...

Ignore the "you should" part in the above comment and it will make a lot more sense.

Kate Olson said...

You need a hobbie!...Or about 10 grandkids to come keep you entertained. bwhahahahahaha