Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Down Side


Ah, it won't be long. This is a picture of the favorite fishing hole. I took this picture with a cheapy digital camera and it turned out quite nice actually. I am getting the fishing fever and can hardly wait for the mush ice to melt.

Today has been one of those days where you pay for buying an older home. The trees and shrubs have been neglected for so long that they are in desparate need of trimming. I went out for a couple of hours to trim some of the lilac bushes and because of my activity I have started to bleed quite a bit so had to quit. Yes, I got a lecture from Cheryl about it too. Kim and she were raking the yard which had a couple of years of leaves. Oh well, when we get it where we want it it should look fairly nice again. Just aggravates me that my health stops me from doing so much. I really don't like to depend on others for help or to do my work.

On the plus side I went to the local grocery store. I have been telling the clerk that I am looking for Kansas and Nevada quarters to keep my collection going. She put everything on hold and ran across the street to the bank and came back with a whole bunch of Nevada quarters. Now you just don't have things like that happen in a large city. Now I am in the process of trying to find two Nebraska quarters.

Just finished watching the movie "Just Like Heaven" and it was pretty good. Not as good as a John Wayne movie might be but good none the less. Got the grandsons visiting today so am now watching "Dumbo" or something like that. They don't seem to realize it is Grandpa's TV and we watch cowboy movies or war movies or cop movies or whatever movies; not Dumbo. That is more Grandma's style.

Got to go. Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Tigersue said...

My dad is feeling the same frustration after his stroke. This time of year is when he loves to start working in his garden, but he really isn't able to do that right now. Hang in there!
Just do little bits at a time.

..................... said...

I agree with what tigersue says..
do little bits at a time.....
and patience is a virtue!

Lowa said...

Yes, you are still young yet, so I can imagine the frustration at not being able to do things like you want to, and as fast. Little at a time, as they already said. No point doing permanent damage so you can't do ANYTHING, you know??

Us Irish are not known for patience, are we?? teehee

Hope you can have things looking like you want within a few months. Wish you could come here and help in my yard. I am so overwhlemed with the mess, I have given up entirely!

Alpha Male said...

I thought I was really depressed after all my surgeries. Each took a little bit away. When open heart took it all and activity nil to none. This infected hand has slowed me down to allmost a stop.

Remember how Freds place looked like and you can see how mine looks and some parts worse.

Hang in there it DOES get better.
The blogs are a therapy and you know better then in our Faith keeps moving on.

Janet and I are sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you.