Friday, April 21, 2006



We all have someone we look up to and try to emulate. This is a picture of my hero. Following the life of this man makes me tired and I have a hard time understanding how he keeps up the pace. I love him and wish that I could be just like him.

As you look at all your household cooking items do you have a favorite that stands out above all the rest? I know, what a question. Mine is the George Foreman grill. If you want perfectly cooked bacon you must use this item. If I do the cooking, and believe me that does not happen too often, the first question I have for Cheryl is, "Where's George?"

I was thinking about the foods I eat and why I eat them. Doctors are using the wrong tactics to get people to change their habits. Now take someone with high blood pressure. We are encouraged to lay off the salt. That is the wrong tactic; we should be encouraged to use more salt, the more the better. My reasoning? If I am told don't do something then more than likely I will rebel and do what I am told not to. I love salt by the way.

Being a diabetic I know candy is not good for me but who can resist when the grocery store has those wonderful chocolate bars at 10 for a $1.00? It isn't my fault that I bought them, it is the marketing people who use this tactic and the doctor who said "don't."

Take bacon for example. I hate pigs. They are dirty, stinky and annoying animals, but have great sexual attitudes. Because I think they are loathsome I feel I must take every opportunity I get to eat them so they will not be around to smell and annoy. Hence it is not my fault I like bacon so much, it is the pigs, and the doctor who said, "Lay off the bacon."

My life is very complicated with all these confusing directions. No wonder I am such a mess.

The other day I did something quite stupid. I went to sit down on our bar stool and did not notice the leg was on my big toe. I not only had the stool on my toe but I set down quite hard and it hurt, man did it hurt. Well, have you ever been in a predicument where you could not change it? That was my problem, I needed to get up but the stool was holding me down and my weight was on the stool so all I could do is yelp like a gut shot banshee. I think I broke my toe by the way. Amber just hush!!! I never said I was smart, just above average.:)

Guess what? I told you about Sarah (iowamom) who sent me the thing about the pig. She and I are cousins. I should have remembered that but sometimes I space out and forget things. That is how we met one another. I was looking for genealogy help and she was looking for genealogy help and we found out we are from the same Welsh descendants. Small world huh.

You know I started writing my blogs with the intentions of my children reading them, saving them and having a history of their father, grandfather and etc. I don't think any of them have read more than one or two of my postings. Go figure.

This is about all I can entertain you with today so will close. Have a nice day everyone.

5 comments:

Amber said...

The tears are streaming down my eyes. If there was ever a time to be a fly on the wall this would be one of them......a kodak moment missed - bummer!!!

..................... said...

put your foot under the bar stool, heh?......boy, am I biting my tongue...

Alpha Male said...

And you call me a Red-Neck? I do not believe you admitted to that in a blog. True we are not perfect.
Thanks for laugh i needed it.
Later guy.

One hand Ron.

Holly said...

hmmmmmm....you never said how you got yourself out of that predictament... Or did you cry like a girl(**snickers**) for Aunt Cheryl to come help you? Well if your kids and grand kids dont read your blogs now they will have lots of reading for later, I have read more then just one or two of them by the way but Im a nobody. I always get a chuckle out of it anyways. So please dont stop!

Tigersue said...

Okay sir, I have tagged you come to my blog to find out what you have to do, and i can't wait to see what you come up with, it is sure to make me laugh.