Thursday, April 27, 2006



Does this picture remind you of when you were young? I thought it was a cute picture but I don't understand why we don't see more pictures of boys when they were young and cute.

I am on my soap box today so watch out. A front page story and picture in the local newspaper; Eurasian Brambling spotted in Pocatello. My first thought was, "What the heck is a Eurasian Brambling and why is it so important that it made the front page?" Turned out to be a bird. Not only did it make the front page but it had quite a write up in a following article.

Now I must admit I don't get too excited over spotting birds so I had a fleeting interest in the story. If a bird is attractive to the eye then yes, I might take some time to watch it. Today's paper had another bird story. Scientists are studying birds to see if they respond to basic grammer. Now why in the world would anyone want to spend that much money and time to see if a bird will respond to stimuli? The last time I checked we had homeless people sleeping on the streets, hungry people standing in soup lines and yet we can come up with the money to have some idiot watch birds to see if they will respond to stimuli. All they got to do is raise chickens and they will find out how birds respond to stimuli.

A few years back I drove a charter bus taking people to various places. Most of the time it was to the ski hills from the airport but one time I took a group of (I don't know what to call them) to Dubois, Idaho where the government has a study going on how to teach coyotes to like sheep. Anyone with any smarts knows that a coyote is a wily deceitful predator that cannot be trusted at any time. How in the world do they think they can train them to be friendly with sheep? Coyotes like to eat sheep; plain and simple. You could see it in the eyes of the coyotes as they were laughing, "Heh, heh they call me the dumb animal. I get free food and board, get to be lazy and when it is all done and these humans think I am rehabilitated I am going to get me a nice fat sheep for dinner."

I have got to tell the story of me visiting a "cat house". My son in law heard me tell the story and told me and just had to write it down.

I was working for Halliburton Services in the oil field when we were sent to Elko, Nevada. As we were going to the well site I noticed a small place called, "The Carlin Social Club". I made the comment to one of the guys that I wondered if that was anything like the "Cheyenne Social Club", referring to the movie. He just smiled and said he didn't know but we would check it out when we returned.

At the end of the day the well was not ready for us to perform our work so we headed back to town and again had to drive by the "Carlin Social Club". Now I want everyone to know I do not drink so I was the designated driver all the time since all the others had one thing on their minds and that was to get completely drunk before the night was over.

We pulled up to the building of the "Carlin Social Club" and walked up to the door. There hung a sign that said, "For service, ring bell". I looked at my boss and asked him what in the world that meant. He replied, "Well, just ring it and find out." So I did! The door opened and there stood a black woman in the tightest pinkest shorts I had ever seen. One of our workers was a biker and he had his Harley Davidson T-shirt on which made her eyes light up. She grabbed him by the belt buckle and pulled him toward her saying, "Come on in honey". As I watched this I had the thought going through my mind that this was one forward woman.

Inside the place another woman grabbed one of the other workers and pinned him up against the wall. Looking around at the walls I noticed there many sexual inuendo items and I thought, "Huh, this is strange." We all ordered our drinks, mine was a soda, and I stood there watching this black woman and my biker friend. She was wanting to trade T-shirts with him. Good old me, I made the comment that I would like to see that. I thought my boss was going to choke on his drink. He kept watching me out of the corner of his eye and darned if I could figure out why.

As we were standing there and I was looking things over the "light bulb" above my head finally went on. I jumped back about 5 feet and literally roared out, "What in the hell place is this?" I immediately did a turn around and headed out the door to the laughter of all present. To this day if I go to a place and it has a doorbell button that says, "Ring for service", I am out of there.

Have a nice day everyone.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Wow. That's the kind of story you just can't make up.