Thursday, April 20, 2006

My daughter, Katherine, has made me a very proud father. No, she is not having a baby. She already is the mother, step-mother to 10 and lord only knows she don't need any more. Throw in a husband and an ex-husband that can't seem to stay away and she really has her hands full.

No, my daughter is one of six in the nation that just won, or was awarded, a $5000.00 grant for her schooling. She was flown from California to Atlanta for a special ceremony, picked up in a limosine, fed very well and stayed at the Marriott all compliments of the awarder. Now I am embarrassed to say that I do not know who the awarder is and as soon as I get a chance to talk to her I will find out. None the less I am very pleased with her.

Katherine and I have had a love/hate relationship all our lives. I love her as my child but she would do some of the darndest things that I would hate. We got into a big fight one time and she was shaking her finger in my face, which is something that I just cannot tolerate. I grabbed her finger to make her stop and accidently broke it. At the time it was serious but now we laugh and I tell her to straighten up or I will break another one.

Her life has not been easy due to poor choices but she is a survivor thank goodness. Her ex-husband beat the living crap out of her, damaged her eye almost beyond repair when he kicked her in the head with his work boots plus other things that I will not mention. She still lets him come over and have dinner with the family and hang out. He is a loser from the word go and has not paid her child support for the 3 kids at all. He cannot hang on to a job for more than two weeks. All right who got me started on this subject?

Kate has self taught herself, is a very quick learner (except for men) and now is mid-way through some kind of medical training that the before mentioned grant has now paid for. She is getting A's in her schooling and now lectures her father about keeping healthy. Yes, I am proud of her.

Seen the doc yesterday and found out that sitting in front of a computer for long periods is not conducive to healing. Neither is trimming bushes or doing strenuous work of any kind. I also found out that fishing is okay if I lay back to do it but not set up as in a chair. Now what kind of fishing would that be? One doctor told me a while back that the recommended way for me to fish was to lie down. Can you see anyone trying to cast a line while lieing down. I guess I could put a recliner in a boat, have a cold pepsi and chips, umbrella over my head so the sun would not get to me and I could fish that way. Of course I would have to have Cheryl there to bait my hooks and take the fish off when caught. Naturally she would have to clean them, cook them and make sure I was treated like the royalty I am. RIGHT!!!

It is a beautiful day here. The ground is so wet that we still cannot plant the strawberries so I guess I will have to lie down and just imagine I am doing something constructive. Maybe this burst of energy will pass.

So Schaumi you liked the pig thing huh? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

..................... said...

Reading about men like the ex of your daughter makes me angry...
But congratulations to your daughter!
What, and you didn't like the pig thing?

Shaun said...

Yeah, it's jerks like your daughter's ex that give the rest of us guys a bad name. It irritates me to no end when I am judged by what other idiot guys have done, thus not getting a chance to even be me.

However, that grant is pretty cool, and all-expense paid trips are always nice. Not that I'd know anything about that, but I can imagine.