Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How I Created A Monster

As I was reading Lowa's comments on my blog it reminded me of when Cheryl and I were first married. Her father was an abusive fellow who controlled his children through force and mind games. Any boyfriend that showed up at their house was expected to jump when he gave the command and what few did show up, they definitely jumped. Then came along onery old Tim. When Fred said "jump" in his usual manner my reply was, "Stick it Fred!" Needless to say he and I had a very interesting relationship.

Cheryl was not one to voice her opinion or to speak up concerning matters. When we first got married I was constantly saying, "Cheryl, don't you have an opinion, can't you speak for yourself?" It took a long time but she started coming out of her shell and now... well now it is an entirely different story. Now I am saying, "Who asked for your opinion ya crazy old woman?" Of course she just laughs and tells me I created her.

We had a group of people from here invite us over for Family Home Evening last night and it was quite enjoyable. So far we have been accepted into the community very well and hope it continues. I never worry about Cheryl fitting in but in my case it is a little different. I have always been a loner and fitting in has not been my strong point. Cheryl will find some lady that she really enjoys and thinks it would be so neat for all of us to do something together. My luck is that the husband is generally a dud. Doesn't like sports, doesn't like computers, doesn't like to do anything but complain and that just drives me up a tree. Then there are the ones who know everything about anything. No matter what you say they have done it better, bigger and with much more flourish. I don't know why everyone can't be perfect like me.

I have not heard from the Cootie Bug for some time so if she reads this how about an update on you. I have decided I like Hope. Anyone who titles their blog as the wanderings of a "brilliant" mind cannot be bad.

Guess I had better quit playing on the computer and get to hanging pictures and etc. Cheryl left this morning with a list of things for me to accomplish and they had better be done by the time she returns. (Talk about create a monster)

Have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Holly said...

hey, why are you picking on me? I've blogged more then Dad or Mom has since february lol sheesh. i'm going through my birthday blues i'll be back blogging soon.

Lowa said...

This was funny!

Good for Cheryl, finally speaking up for herself. I am glad I am learning and that the old hubster is learning to back off and not be so dern bossy and pig headed!

Good for you, hanging those pictures! I know she was pleased when she got back:)