Monday, January 07, 2008



Ah, the beauty of Yellowstone in the winter. Look at those trees in the background. It is not fun to walk underneath one of them and the snow slides on top of you.

Foamy I knew you were a good looking little rascal, right down to the belly button. (That ought to raise some eyebrows)

I just have to make a couple of comments today about happenings in the news.

Hillary is in tears!!! She is not as loved as she thought she would be. I am so proud of the voters in America.

Did you hear about the six snowmobilers who were lost in the mountains during a major snowstorm? It is awful easy to forget what your getting into when you are having so much fun. I have never been lost in the mountains but I have found myself in precarious situations due to my own negligence. You can get very very tired when playing in the snow and it really saps your strength when you need it the most.

What is this world coming to. In Texas (sorry my Texas friends) there is this idiot who killed his girlfriend and then proceeded to cook her. Now that is just down right gross. What is wrong with human beings at times?

Pam told a story today on her blog about her first pet dog. It was an emotional story in that it had happy times and very sad times. Anyway I got to thinking about the first dog I can remember. I was adopted and when I came to live with these folks I just could not get enough to eat. I was about 4 at the time. We had a dog named Tip and he was very good and patient with a fiesty 4 year old. However, each morning after breakfast I would go out to Tip's dish and eat all his breakfast as well. He got a lot of table scraps and I must have felt they were too good to pass up. Yummy left over eggs, oatmeal, sometimes a scrap of bread, yum, yum.

One day old Tip watched me come barreling out there and proceed to start munching away on his food. The final straw broke his back. He politely took me by the nap of the collar, drug me off about 10 or so feet and looked at me as if to say, "Don't even think about it anymore." Well, it startled me enough to cure me and Tip started gaining weight from that day forth.

Now you mother's who get all excited when you seen your little ones munching in the dog dish, just calm down. Give the poor dog an extra helping so there will be enough for both.

Almost time for Cheryl to come home. Oh my gosh I just remembered I have not done the washing.... I have got to run. As you can tell by her picture she is a mean, tough woman, and when she says jump... I obey. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Have a nice day everyone.

6 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

I love that picture of Yellowstone. Beautiful. I did hear about the lost snowmobilers..I hope they find them. I went snowmobiling once with my ex husband. It was a lot of fun...and saw some beautiful scenery, but I remember my hands got soooo cold, they were like ice. (even though there were hand warmers on the snowmobile..)

Merle said...

Hi Tim ~~ Awful business in Texas
and close behind is you eating the dog's food. Yuk. And Cheryl doesn't look like a mean tough woman. Surely you exaggerate and I've told you a million times not to!!
Thanks for your comments and glad you
enjoyed the mid-life item and hope your daughters did also.
Most folks seem fine with the smaller font size so will keep to it for a while. Take care, and do the darn washing when you are asked to. Regards, Merle.

..................... said...

lovely photo of yellowstone. really beautiful. oh, that photo...from 20 years or so ago..lol..
that's not even the one i talked about when i mentioned i posted a picture of myself. you back a few posts of mine and you will fine a picture of current old me.
i do hope they find the snowmobilers. the news from texas is just plain terrible. humans can be really bizarre creatures. my folks in mississippi feed their dogs the left over table scraps. and while i've never felt compelled to eat the dog's good as a child i do know that those dogs were getting some good cooking.
nah, cheryl looks like a gentle, loving woman. but still, i'd do as she says..:)

Pamela said...

you must have been starved wherever you came from .. you poor dear.

Tell Cheryl I've been invited to several red hat affairs, but just haven't gotten a round tuit.

What is a a round tuit?

Lowa said...

You poor little guy! We had some foster kids when I was younger who had obviously not been fed properly either. Very sad. Some of them would hide food in their rooms, even though we fed them as much as they wanted. It took them a long time to realise that they would not go hungry again:( Poor dears.

Kip sounds like an amazing dog! I got a book called "Angel Dogs" for Christmas as a gift from a friend who knows I love dogs. There are some wonderful stories in there!

Hope you did that warshing, as I like to call it!

Jeralee said...

love the pictures of the snow on the trees. Like to look at them, but I am with you, I don't like to walk under them.