Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hmmmmm, this COULD be the scene from our home last Sunday.


Good morning. Last night I awoke with this thought on my mind... why it was on my mind I don't know. We had a visitor in our home, my sister in law, and it made me think of her one daughter who is a professional harpist and an amateur boxer (can't remember how to spell amateur). Now this is my thought on that matter. As a harpist she is all set for the day that she should die. She has her harp, can pick out a nice soft cloud to sit on and start her strumming. As a boxer she can beat the crap out of anyone who comes along and says she missed a note. That girl is smarter than she realizes.

Yep, I got the taxes done, the laundry done, the bed made, the car fixed and still had time for my nap yesterday. Am I good or what? So what does today hold for me... sleep, sleep, computer stuff and more sleep. Ah, it is good to be old(er) and have nothing to do. Of course that will all end in another week or so when I go back to driving.

Foam are you nuts? Cooking and cleaning for all those people. That is what a cleanup committee is for. It is fun though to have people over and have a good time.

LOWA if you read this you might also look for the book, "Tales of Despereaux". We listened to the book on tape and the narrator did a magnificent job. I liked it so well I have listened to it 2 or 3 times.

I watched the movie "Seraphim Falls" last night. It was okay, I guess, but different. We have the TV Guardian so it cuts out most of the swear words which makes our movie watching much more enjoyable. I think what I enjoyed the most about this movie was the scenery... simply beautiful.

It is now 8:20 am and Cheryl is off to work. I have babbled on boring all of you so will close for now plus it is time for my first nap of the day. OOOOHHH YEAH!!!

Pam I read your blog but you have so many that respond to it that I just make my comments here anymore and hope you read this every now and again. Same with Foam. You guys are so darned popular (which is good) that I don't comment much anymore. All I know is I enjoy reading everyone's blog whether I make a comment or not.

I don't know how things are going up in Canada. I haven't heard from Alice P for quite some time. Probably snowed in or frozen.

Okay, this time I really am stopping. My eyes are getting heavy and I can hear a harp playing in the far distance. Nope, it was a false alarm, I will be here tomorrow.

Have a nice day everyone.

4 comments:

Logan said...

Hey, Thanks for visiting our blog! (www.heatherandlogan.blogspot.com) I've been to Lava Hot Springs from BYU many times but never stopped over in Downey, or even noticed it existed. You might know or heard of the Barbie & Scott Harris family in Pocatello, or the Hawkes families. My mother was born there; my dad was born in Blackfoot Idaho. My brother is a dentist in Post Falls, ID. Hopefully one day we'll settle in those parts, but for now, medical school. Take care!

Lowa said...

Ok thanks for the book/book on tape idea. I have heard of that one, but never tried it. Will try it soon!

Just got back from Vegas for Jock's hockey tournament. Watch my blog for any news/photos soon. I may get around to it this week.

Speaking of Seraphim Falls. I liked it for the same reason as you. Breathtaking scenery. Was an odd movie, but I do think Pierce Brosnan was excellent in it. We saw him in Hawai'i last month. May post about that as well, but the time has passed so who knows!

Jeralee said...

HA HA! My mom called me from the road after she left your place so she could chat and stay awake on the way home. I was filled in on the possibility of Laura and Aaron visiting. Sounds like fun. Not. Don't tell your lovely wife that I said that out loud. LOL Aye,aye,aye!

..................... said...

yes, i'm nuts..
haven't you figured that one out yet?
i always do enjoy your comments on my blog, irishman. you are one of my longtime blogging buddies. 2 years now? but i also enjoy reading them here too.

your niece does sound like a remarkable woman..